“Lovely place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Basel
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

my husband and I stayed there for a night. Very good hotel and great location. Right after the train station.

Room was big and excellent. the service was good.

Highly recommended to couple and family. I wish I had stayed there few more days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you for your great review. We are proud of our employees who every day make a great job.
Daniel Fankhauser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
eurasia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

i chose this hotel for its location, a few steps from the train station, as we had an early flight to catch from zurich the next morning. i was pleasantly surprised by the quality, which surpassed my expectations. rooms (we had three) were airy and light, bathrooms were large and spotless, mattresses firm and comfortable. quick breakfast at the bar was tasty, with fresh fruit cut into the muesli.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again to the Hotel Euler. In the meantime we wish you all the very best.
Winnetka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

For starters, it's right across the square -- platz -- from the train station, and if you like to travel by trains as I do, this was a suitcase-carrier's delight. The location was not city center, but so many trams come through, that it's 10 minutes from everything. The front desk gave me a one-week bus and tram pass when I checked in, and that made getting out to Fondation Beyeler museum and Vitra Design museum easy as can be, not to mention all the other museums I wanted to visit. The breakfast was costly, but the room charming, and the buffet in the lobby was reasonable. Drinks on the terrace were a perfect stop at the end of the day, and I even had ice cream there at the end of one evening. Free WiFi in the comfortable lobby, free coffee and apples on each floor, even a comfortable winding staircase for people like me who like to walk. And nice people at the desk, which is always appreciated by women traveling alone.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms facing the square. You can stand at the French windows and gauge the weather. And...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased you had an enjoable stay.
Hopefully see you soon in Basel. Kind regards.
Daniel Fankhauser, General Manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked a king size bed as I'm very tall and can't sleep in a single, but did not get it or get a reduced rate.

As I knew I was arriving late I email the hotel, however on arrival the room was not pre- allocated and I was given an available room. When I got to the single room, I went back to the desk to get the room I was paying for. We then went on visit to all the 'available' room, they seemed to be taken. I suspect that staff took them as they were not listed as rented at the desk. The desk man was very apologetic but an apology is not quite enough if you have been on the go for 20 hours and only get 2 hours exhaustion sleep because the hotel rips you off.

I was in Basel on business so maybe poor experiences in hotels are normal. But I would not put my even people I don't like there.

The building seems to have been upgraded to a Bates Hotel motif. The room doors made the rooms look like cells. The room I was in had a very up to date bathroom it was like entering a different hotel.

On leaving no reduction was made to the bill or apology made. Memorable as one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you for your review and feedback.
For your bad experience at our hotel we apologize.
Basically, we will make our employees aware of the
weak points mentioned by you.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

One night bed only stay as was leaving at 05:00 for early flight, so I have no basis for comment on the food. My room was facing the back of the hotel no external noise at all. The room (105) was very nice, roomy, with a large well light en-suite. Excellent bed, nice firm matress. One of my colleagues was in a room facing the street and didn't get a great nights sleep (this was the night of the Brazil match, so trams & train-station may have been busier than the norm), easy resolution is to request a back room when booking. Excellent base if you are in Basel for business travel, for us its a 'keeper'.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marie-France R, Deputy General Manager at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you very much for your very positive review. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Kind regards.
Marie-France Richert
Deputy General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Euler on a business trip to Switzerland. We were visiting a company in a small town about 40-minutes outside of Basel and decided to stay in Basel near the train station. This hotel was right next to the station. My room was on the first floor facing the street, so the tram was passing right by my window... I was a little concerned about the noise when I first walked into the room, but I heard very little noise even with the window open and close to nothing when it was closed. My colleague stayed at the other side of the building, facing a small garden in the back and didn't hear anything. The room was modern and spotless. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were additional nice touches, like the heated towel rack in the bathroom and the ultra-modern shower (complete with rain-head and body jets). I didn't hear or feel any floor creaking (mentioned by other reviewers). In fact, I didn't even notice that the building was old.
I had breakfast at the hotel and it was adequate; I also ate lunch there once and it was delicious. The hotel gave us free tram passes, which we used to go to the city center; we also took the tram to the airport at the end of our trip… It was very convenient. I would use Hotel Euler again if I go back to Basel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Best regards
Kansas City USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a large room in this lovely old hotel. Comfortable bed, large bath good air conditioning! The location was excellent ...across from the train station and close to town. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We were given a tram pass and good direction on how to reach the areas of interest. Actually. it would not have been a difficult walk. Restaurants were close by, too. We had a great day exploring Basel and some of its art centers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Daniel Fankhauser

Been to Hotel Euler? Share your experiences!