“Fabulous. Everything about this hotel is perfect.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Euler to your Saves list
Hotel Euler
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centralbahnplatz 14, Basel 4002, Switzerland   |
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Basel
“Fabulous. Everything about this hotel is perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Good location. Quick check in. Best of all is free Wi-fi which is hard to find in Europe. Free ticket on transport is a plus. We had a room with no view but that is fine becos bed and pillows are comfortable, room including bathroom is clean that matter more. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest
Thank you for your good review. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Kind regards
Daniel Fankhauser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
amd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are looking for a decent 4 star near the station then this hotel fits the bill. Although it is always expensive Round the year; same is the case for most Basel hotels in the area.

I stayed at this hotel for a night. This was my third stay Euler. This time around the deluxe room we were given was rather small. I figured that all rooms on the 3 floor are smAll.

There is a coffee machine in the lobby which would have been better if it were in the room.

Wifi is free and breakfast is on chargeable basis.

Rooms Are clean and neat and a few steps from the tram or train station. This is a good hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Marie-France R, Deputy General Manager at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Thank you very much for your positive review. We hope we can welcome you a 4th time at our Hotel Euler. Kind regards. Marie-France Richert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We went to a concert in Basel and decided to stay overnight. Euler was an excellent choice. We even got an upgrade. The room was spacious and clean. Beds were good. We did not have breakfast. Overall a good experience and we can only recommend Hotel Euler.

• Stayed February 2013
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased you had an enjoable stay.
Kind regards.
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean, and it is super convenient since it is right by the SBB. I booked into this hotel because Hotel Victoria was fully booked during the time of my stay, but I am glad that I booked into this one instead. It is a nicer hotel, rooms are comfortable, though a bit cold and the heater didn't seem to be working, but since I like cold it was all good. Staff were also nice people. The food from Room Service however, was really not all too impressive. I remember arriving the first night not wanting to go out so I ordered Room Service, first of all the menu was not in my room, so I had to go downstairs to pick food. So I this beef tartare and I thought it would be a great choice for light meal. and I also ordered a dessert - some Basler pudding. Within 20 minutes I got my food, and as soon as I opened my tray I thought it was a total joke. I knew beef tartare is made with raw beef, but I really did not expect some red ground beef that I see from the grocery stores just sitting on my plate waiting for me to eat it. it was GROUND BEEF! and then the pudding that I got was also no ordinary pudding - it tasted more like some soggy muffin.
but other than the food I really had no complaints. Luckily it was also right by a starbucks and a burger king so food wasn't that much of an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Regarding room service: The next time you may return the food if it's not like their needs. I can assure the beef tartare is delicious.
Best regards
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although we were let down by our flight to Geneva as it had to divert to Basel due to snow, we were so glad to find this hotel just by the station, so convenient for onward travel in the morning (2 mins walk and you’re in the station).
Hotel is clean, bright and very comfortable, the staff are also excellent, very helpful and accommodating to the two grumpy travellers that turned up late one night!
We ate in the restaurant, and it couldn’t be faulted, the food was excellent, all the staff spoke excellent English, describing the dishes when they were served, and recommending suitable wines with each course.
Even though it was a frustrating start to a skiing holiday, it was a lucky (and great) choice to stay at the Hotel Euler. If i ever am in Basel again, I’ll be staying here!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front overlook the square, which may become noisy (I assume) but in winter it was n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marie-France R, Deputy General Manager at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler Guest

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very pleased we were able to let you have an enjoyable stay in Basel, even though it was not really planned.
Kind regards.
Marie-France Richert
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We knew we wouldn't miss the big blue hotel opposite the station so we booked this one. Got a good deal (far below the rack rate) and the room was very spacious, with double sink in bathroom and plenty of hanging space. Free wifi is a real benefit (more unusual in Switzerland than you might think) and the 8 CHF quick breakfast in the bar was excellent value. Extremely convenient location and excellent multilingual staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dfankhauser, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review. We are proud of our employees who every day make a great job.
Best regards
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Older hotel (squeeky floors and doors), but nicely renovated. Big, big bonus for this hotel: free WiFi, no matter how many devices you have. Great location, close to Banhoff SBB/SNCF and many tram lines. Starbucks downstairs is great for North Americans in coffee withdrawal. Free Nespresso coffee on each floor, which is fine unless you hate leaving your room in your pj's in the morning to fetch your coffee. Nice bathrooms, renovated with rainfall showers (but be careful, they tend to spray in every direction but down). Towel heating bar in the bathroom, fabulous! Now for the room: bed is fairly hard, and pillows are way too soft, but reception will give you more pillows and you can pile them on (it helps a lot). Speaking of reception, the staff was great: they brought me slippers, a bathrobe, extra pillows and towels (upon request) and were very speedy in fixing my tv wich wasn't working properly. Downsides: ask for a room away from the street - my room was right over the hotel entrance, and the trams are very noisy and run frequently (6+ lines) until 1 am, and there are big spotlights illuminating the hotel, which the curtains do not block out well and come in straight through the bedroom window. Also of note, my room did not have a closed closet or any drawers to store my clothes and belongings. Did not like this at all.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marie-France R, Deputy General Manager at Hotel Euler, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Hotel Euler-Guest
Thank you very much for your great review, which gives a detailed description of our hotel and its rooms. Especially the praise for our staff is very motivating. Thanks again and hopefully see you soon at the Hotel Euler. Marie-France Richert

Been to Hotel Euler? Share your experiences!