“Convenient place for a quick meal near the train station” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #272 of 433 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Asian, Fast Food
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Description: Frische Zutaten raffiniert und abwechslungsreich gewurzt, schnell und mit Flair zubereitet und freundlich prasentiert: Das ist das Erfolgsrezept der asiatischen Kuche, umgesetzt von MISTER WONG. Zu jeder Tageszeit - ob in der Mittagspause, zum Abendessen oder fur den Snack zwischendurch - bietet MISTER WONG die gesunde und leichte Art der asiatischen Kuche. Besonders beliebt sind MISTER WONG's Spezialitaten: Chicken Fried Rice, Nudeln, Currys sowie die stets schopfbereiten Daily Specials. Ob man im Restaurant die fernostliche Atmosphare geniesst, oder sich das Essen im praktischen Take-out mitnimmt - MISTER WONG steht fur die frische, ausgewogene Art des zeitgemassen Essens.
Manila, Philippines
“Convenient place for a quick meal near the train station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My friend and I wanted a quick lunch before boarding our train. This place serves Asian style food. Though not authentic, the food was not shabby for a cafeteria style meal. It is self service. You point out your choices. Our beef chopsuey and chicken satay were prepared fresh. We had to wait for 5 minutes while they were prepared. The portions are big. We were happy that we opted for a dish that was mostly vegetables since it wasn't so heavy.
I would return if I needed a quick meal before getting on my train.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

basel
“Better in mc Donald”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit...the 1st was ok but this time it was useless what I have.... 1st they don't speak English 2nd I Oder chicken fried noodles I got veg fried rice..... It was shelf service and got chicken fried rice.... That was test less and blackly due to more soya sauce....I want to complain once more but I shy shelf....

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Quick and fresh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Cooked in front of you the food is fresh and hot. For Asian food it was a bit bland and same same but after a day of tourist walking the meal and beer on the veranda were well received. Ideally located across from the railway station.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco
“Mediocre Asian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

What can I say. The Tripadvisor reviews said it was nothing special, but we were hungry, near the train station, my wife wanted Asian type soup, and there were a lot of people there, so we gave it a try. Well, it wasn't all that good. Kind of like a Panda Express as it had a cafeteria type line, but more expensive. A plate of stir fry noodles and a large soup came to $40 US. It was Ok for what it was, but disappointing compared to the Asian food in SF. Once inside, we realized that most of the patrons were student types, and I guess for Basel it is pretty reasonably priced and it was clean and pleasant on the inside with a nice outdoor eating area. So you could probably do worse, but i have to believe there is better asian food in Basel.

Visited August 2013
Yaounde, Cameroon
“Good for a drink”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

After a long time a ate again in Mr. Wong. The beef with vegtables looked nice, the taste however was really bad. It's quite expensive. To have a drink on the terrace it's fine.

• Visited July 2013