“Wonderful night” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 538 Restaurants in Basel
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: At Restaurant Rubino, Beat Rubitschungwelcomes people who like to consumeconsciously and value a sustainable lifestyle.Manuela Buser’s imaginative creationscouple light Mediterranean cuisinewith market fresh ingredients of regionaland organic provenience. Naturally,everything is made in-house. The lunchmenu varies with the seasons; at dinneryou are pampered with a surprise menu:Guests can choose between vegetarian,meat or fish and from 2 to 5 courses.For every course, the host recommendschoice wines from Switzerland and otherEuropean regions.

Basel, Switzerland
“Surprised in Basel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I was recently there with a few colleagues. We all had 4-course menus mixing vegetarian, fish and meat, some with matching wines. The portions are on the big side, so 3 would be enough if you don't have a huge appetite. The wine pairing was very good. I was happily suprised by my choices (who knew tomato sorbet would be do delicious?) and appreciated the little extras (amuse gueule and pre-desert!) The room filled up quickly, noise and atmosphere rising together. The decor is white minimalistic and trendy. The location is very good, in downtown Basel with easy access by public transportation. The prices are a bit stiff but I enjoyed almost all my dishes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Amazing restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I strongly recommend to take AT LEAST the 4 course menu harmonized with the wines. My husband and I had decided for that. We didn't have the same. our 3 courses were different from one another. As dessert, I had cheese and he had sweets. In summary: we had 8 different courses with 8 different wines. A fantastic and delicious night!

• Visited May 2013
Karlsruhe
“Delicious gourmet food with ingredients from the locality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Beat the owner of the restaurant is a gourmet and knows what tastes great from the neighborhood. You always get a 4 to 6 course meal and all that you decide is whether you eat fish or meat or even purely vegetarian. The courses are exquisite but for a developed taste, i.e. one discovers multiple strands of flavors that linger in your palate even after you have swallowed your mouthful. They provide wines that accompany each course so that all you need to do is to savor all that is served to you.

• Visited April 2013
Zurich
“Restaurant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When we booked we were not aware that they only do menu surprise in the evenings. Personally I am not a fan of it at all and would not have gone, if I knew in advance (especially the term "let us explain how this works here" is a real show stopper for me). Anyway, the food was very good and luckily mostly to my taste.
You can choose between 2 and 5 course menus and a wine option, matching the courses. The portions are rather big, so the 3 course was more than sufficient for me. Service was very friendly, but not as swift as in other places. I liked the interior, which is rather minimalistic, yet it can get quite loud if they have many guests.
By the way, there is a wine bar run by the same management just accross the road.

• Visited February 2013