“Entertaining and Fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basel Private Running Tours

Basel Private Running Tours
Gartenstrasse, Basel 4052, Switzerland (St. Alban)
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine exploring a city at your own pace, seeing the sights, discovering secrets usually only known to locals, while getting some exercise in. Basel Running Tours has designed a selection of accompanied tours to jog guests around the city, explaining the landmarks, the history and things to do. The guide runs at your speed with stops every five minutes at key points of interest. Contact us to find out what tours are available during your stay.
Milan, Italy
6 attraction reviews
“Entertaining and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were in Basel for Art Basel and had little time to see the city so we scheduled a 1 hour tour at 7:45 am. It was me and a friend of mine. Not necessary to be an athlete to do this so long as you can jog lightly and have no injuries of course. You can go at your own pace and stop to see the buidings, drink and do stretching. It was a very pleasant hour and we were back perfectly on time to take a shower, have breakfast and then take off for the exhibitions. Our guide was Austin (former triathlete from the USA). We saw several parts of town that we wouod have not otherwise seen. I strongly recommend this if you want to be efficient or need a boost to start getting back in shape.

Visited June 2012

• Turkish first
“Great way to see Basel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic hour, a nice jog that our guide Austin paced perfectly. Great overview of the old town with a lot of history thrown in. Recommended!

West Salem, Wisconsin
“A must - for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I highly recommend the running tour. I emailed the company for more information and they were very prompt at responding. It was very easy to reserve and corresponding with the company was simple. They are very flexible and willing to accommodate all ages and runners. We even walked at one point. Austin was our guide and he was very knowledgeable. He was able to tell us history that we would have missed if we didn't do the tour. Basel is a beautiful, peaceful city with a lot of history and the outstanding Rhine River. The trip would not have been the same without the running tour! Thank you so much!

Roanoke, Virginia
“From 0 to intimate knowledge of the city in an hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I sent an email one evening and had the tour the next afternoon. Scheduling and logistics were a breeze. Then, we had the tour. It was phenomenal. We learned the city and its history in an awesome, healthy way. I wish this service were in Zurich (and every other city I'll visit in my life).

New York City, New York
“Excellent Way to See Basel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My super guide Austin was well informed of the city's rich history and cultural curiosities. He kept an easy pace throughout our one-our run, stopping to explain significance of important sites. There are water fountains all along the run, so there is no need to carry a water bottle. Booking the run was seamless and it's definitely worth doing again on my next work trip to Basel!