“The Best...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“The Best...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at the Beat Western which was great and then this place which is one of the best I've ever experienced. The lamb steak was truly outstanding to say the very least. I just wish the portion was slightly bigger as I had to order it twice to satisfy my taste buds and tummy. Going by the lamb I think the beef steaks will be record breaking... An absolute must of your in Basel. Please make the portions bigger..... Brilliant. My mouth waters as I type!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Great ribeye and fantastic customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went on Friday night with my wife. Great steaks are hard to come by in Basel but having been here 4x now, this place has great consistency. Open kitchen grill is a nice touch.

What keeps us coming back is the exemplary service by the host and waitstaff. Have a large group? No problem! You would like the included green salad and instead substitute have the tomato onion salad.. or even the Caesar? No problem! of course no extra charge! What's that, you have 4 kids with your group? Happy to have them. This type of super customer service is very welcome and sometimes rare in Basel so for an American like me, I am delighted to keep going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New River Gorge, WV
“Great Cheeseburger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here while staying at the Best Western Stuck hotel next door. Got back from an all-day tour so this was very convenient for dinner. Cheeseburger, salad and sides were all very good. We had a table in front of the grill so could watch the chef at work. A bit pricey, cheeseburger with side $19, but it was very tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Handy steakhouse, next to the Best Western Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was staying at the attached hotel, the Best Western and this was a convenient dining solution. The hotel is a 15 min tram ride out of the main town centre....and as I only wanted a quick bite, this was a good option.

It was a lovely spring day and the sun was out, so I sat outside. They have outside seating...but be warned the view is just of the road, surrounding buildings and the hotel front entrance. There is a shopping mall right next door and this place does feel like an outdoor mall eatery.

I actually visited a Block House restaurant in Berlin a couple of weeks ago and over ordered. This time I was much more sensible. The steak was good....but I had a few issues communicating that I wanted mustard (senf in German). The potato with sour cream ( which most of the steaks come with) was not great at all...dry and powering and not hot.

This is a handy chain restaurant if you're travelling alone on business, you're staying at a hotel nearby and want to grab a quick bite. I'd use the chain again for sure, but I'd prefer to try better nicer options.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Despite the packed restaurant we had a good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The host was welcoming the waiter service was fast the salad was good
The meat was tasty and grilled with perfection

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere