This was one of the highlights during our stay at Perugia - staying at a beautifully kept castle set atop picture perfect rolling Tuscany hills! The rooms are also very modern and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
The only downside to Castello di Monterone is that it is a short taxi ride away from town, but it's a great trade-off for the stunning location, view and surroundings (you can't have it all !). Also they have two very good restaurants on site if you don't feel like going into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia