A remarkable hotel with great atmosphere and views. Desk staff is helpful with everything from directions to reservations and recommendations of things to do. Both restaurants are excellent, with good food and service. Breakfast is very good, with great food selection and helpful service. Wonderful place to stay and to wander around. Housekeeping staff, however, is below the standards set by the rest of the hotel. Things were often left unclean, supplies were allowed to run out, and, amusingly, our requested extra pillows were carefully put away every day so that we had to search them out each night. They should, however, try to improve the internet service, which seems to cut off frequently and require full sign in procedures to restore; however, this seems to have been a problem all over the region recently. Would recommend the hotel highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia