If you have ever wanted to stay in a castle, pick this one. The castle is completely restored, and has a beautiful view over the valley to the city ( you can also see the castle from the city). There are many patios with sitting areas to enjoy the view. The room was of adequate size, comfortable, and furnished with pieces which fit the ambiance. One negative - the hotel had turned off the air conditioning and had turned on the heated towel rack, which could not be turned off, so we had to be sure to keep the door to the bathroom closed or the room would get too hot, even with the window wide open. Breakfast was excellent. The castle is about a 10 minute drive from the center of Perugia. If you stay here, have a GPS - it is very hard to find. One couple we spoke with did not have a GPS and they said they drove around for 2 hours looking for it. A tip - if you don't want to go to town for dinner and want somewhere nearby to eat other than the hotel's pretentious (and very expensive) Il Postale or the sterile Gradale, go to Ristorante Stella. From the castle, go up the hill and turn right, towards Ponte Valleceppi. In a little while you will see the somewhat seedy looking Hotel Stella on the right. The entrance to the restaurant is around the corner on a side street, under the hotel. Excellent food, a large wine selection, frequented by locals. Check it out on TripAdvisor. They open at 8:00 PM.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel
- Castello Di Monterone Hotel Perugia
- Castello Di Monterone Perugia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Castle, Castello di Monterone offers its guests 18 unique and enchanting rooms, each designed in a manner that respects and preserves the atmosphere of the Castle. Blending the past with the future, each room includes: en-suite bathrooms (some with jacuzzi tubs), international television channels, broadband internet access, mini-fridge, air conditioning and safe deposit box. Castello di Monterone has two restaurantsThe gourmet restaurant il Postale (1 star Michelin) showcases both traditional Umbrian dishes as well as contemporary, innovative cuisineThe restaurant Il Gradale’s commitment to local freshness is apparent in its seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and EasyToBook so you can book your Castello di Monterone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.