“Beautiful hotel with a view” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Italia, 12, 06100 Perugia, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Perugia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Beautiful hotel with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We loved our stay at the Brufani Palace in Perugia! The staff was wonderful and the room exquisite. But nothing topped the view we had overlooking Perugia and out to the countryside. The location was great as it was walking distance to wonderful cafes, gelato shops and great stores. We used it as a launching point for trips to Cortona, Assisi and a cooking class in the outskirts of town.

Room Tip: A suite is worth it. Get a view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mitata, Direttore generale at Brufani Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guests,

thank you for letting us know your feedback about your stay in our hotel.

We are very happy to see that you found our hotel a perfect location for visiting our region and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please, consider us at your total disposal if you wish to come back to Umbria.
We wiil be more than happy to welcome and serve you again in the future.

With our kindest regards,

The General Manager and the Staff of Hotel Brufani Palace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here on my First visit to Perugia from Florence. I Arrived by train, & Mini Metro, from Lower City to the Upper, more historic part of the city, arriving during the World Chocolate Festival, for goodness sakes! in the POURING rain. First, since it WAS during the Festival, it was wall to wall people, from the moment you arrive by train, onto the mini metro, all the way up, maneuvering ourselves to our Hotel, moving as one. Hotel is situated on the Far end of the Grand Piazza Noviembre, difficult in the crowd, & around the Tents that were all set up for the Festival. The smell of chocolate permeates the Air, & everywhere you go, you are given Chocolate! All manner of chocolate, desserts, drinks, Crepes, in cooking, etc., perfect for a Chocoholic! Hotel Brufani Palace, is in the grand style of the Italian 5 Star - Excelsior Hotel chain. Beautifully appointed public spaces, w/modern, clean, rooms, w/all manner of amenities. I would ordinarily give this type of a hotel Top rating, but for one particular complaint. As it turned out, I arrived at the Hotel in the rain, Very Ill with High Temp, + other serious symptoms. So within 20 minutes of checking into my room, I called the concierge to alert them to my situation, resulting in an ambulance ride to Hospital, and being admitted for one week! So was in the room a total of 1hour, & was charged for a full stay. (Did not even turn down the bed).

Ok Fine, but when I was released from Hospital, I returned to Brufani Palace, and asked for a discount to stay a couple of days with them, and was refused! (festival was over by then, so rooms were available)(that's how I ended up at La Rosetta Hotel, on my second visit). They are Also located in the Piazza, but a bit more central, 1/2 block from Brufani Palace. It was a keen disappointment for me, as I never had the opportunity to enjoy a stay with them. I did end up having a lovely lunch, in one of their restaurants, sitting next to a Huge Stone Fireplace. The Spa is Below ground, with the spa pool directly over an Etruscan Dig! It's an Amazing place, very unique. May? Try again to stay there someday, On a future visit.

Room Tip: Due to my particular experience, cannot truly give a sipuggestion on this, except that, due to its g...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Last week I stayed at the Brufani Palace after a I 'escaped' from a dissappointing booking at the Fontanelle residence outside Perugia.
The Brufani is everything you expect. Fantastic rooms, great service, complete breakfast, wonderful interior, sauna, pool, strategic location for visits to Perugia, etc...
We really enjoyed every second of the stay and can highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Brufani Palace.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you very much for the preference given to our hotel for your stay in Perugia.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We loved it.perfect location. Great price. Welcoming staff. Unbeatable views! This was an amazing experience.we had drinks in the bar with friendly and accomodating
staff and dinner in the restaurant as well - i could never expect an authentic and enjoyable meal at home in Australia!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guests,

what a pleasure to read your kind review.

We really hope to welcome and serve you again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback.

With our kindest regards,

Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was in Perugia in late March 2013 and I have chosen to stay at Brufani not because I knew anything about it, but because I liked the name. Of course I had some hints, but nothing too clear. To my satisfaction it proved that my good feelings about the name proved to be right. So I had a great room with an even greater view on the town (unfortunately it was raining cats and dogs so I could not take advantage of the view too much). The room was very clean, huge bed with an excellent mattress and good pillows. The furniture is classic so it gives you the feeling that you are rather at home. The bathroom was also big, clean and having also a bidet. The common areas were very nice decorated, with Deruta ceramics, flowers and some marble statues. The only thing that was not really up to the standards of the hotel was the breakfast: all along the 4 days that I spent at Brufani I had the same breakfast and there waere NO vegetables or fruits. But the espresso was EXCELLENT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Brufani Palace. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sorry for your comments about our breakfast, that is usually very appreciated from our guests. I will share your comments with our team to find the right solution for guests that are staying with us for long stay.

Assisi, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel is wonderful and it is where most of the stars stayed when I was there for the Umbria Jazz festival. expect 5 star service and 5 star amenities. The view from the rooftop deck is spectacular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

5 star hotel with a history and elegance...

The hotel has a perfect location to walk around the old town. The moment you step in the hotel, you feel the elegance and style.

We got the best service as expected from a 5 star hotel, but at an affordable price. We paid 170 euros for a deluxe room, including tax and breakfast. Parking was available in front of the hotel free of charge, if there's free space, or they have a paid parking as well.

Rooms are spacious and very nice. The bed was big and very comfortable. Every little detail has been carefully planned in the room.There's even an umbrella in the wardrobe, which was great because it was raining outside. Bathroom was also nice and big.

It was a nice surprise to see the photos of Queen Elizabeth at he lobby who once stayed at this hotel.

Breakfast was also very good, plenty of choices.

Perugia, on the other hand, has not much to offer, it has a small old town packed in 1km square . We stayed there for one night, as a part of our trip to Tuscany which was beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Brufani Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!