“Youth hostel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 69 Hotels in Perugia
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Youth hostel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is not a hotel but a youth hostel! Most rooms are occupied by students from the nearby university for foreigners.
Not only the walls are paper thin, but every sound made somewhere, is audible in every corner of the hotel. There are two stairs without any doors, and the sounds seem to go round and round. We were on the third floor and heard all conversations at the reception and in the lounch. That are the only places with wifi, so most the students are there and have discussions till late at night. The other students talk and drink on the breakfast terrace, 3 meters from many rooms.
Staff: some of them are really friendly, but some were very unprofessional and rude. When I asked for a city map to see how we could reach the garage by car, the receptionist kept on shouting 'I can not help you, I can not help you'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to Perugia for the first time to see the Jazz Festival. It was amazing as was Perugia! The city was magical.

However, Priori Hotel was an adventure and one which I would not want to repeat. The hotel was basic accommodations. Nothing fancy and staff were not very friendly. We had a GPS and we could not find the hotel. When I tell you no signage.... There was one sign pointing us in a direction and never another sign was seen. We twisted and turned down what seemed like an alley. We ended up on the Piazza where they were setting up for the festival. We spoke to the police who did not know where the hotel was either. Part of our group walked back down the alley. We found the hotel, but the sign and entrance are on the side of the alley and not easily spotted. The desk told my husband to back the car down the alley, which was so narrow and blocked by pedestrians and parked cars. We finally got there but parking is down the street and they only take cars at certain times. Parking is between 15-25 Euros depending on the size of the vehicle.

Our room had A/C and we paid extra. It didn't work well at all. Breakfast was included and was ok. Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby which was hot. Also you were asked to be quiet during phone calls, etc.

Besides the A/C not being cool, our shower was the bathroom. So if you showered, the entire bathroom floor was wet.

My friends who were also there complained how hot it was and the noise from the partying from the festival. We were out to one every night, but in Perugia during the Jazz Festival the party never ends. Beware!

My suggestion is to use public transportation. Having a car was not helpful in Perugia. Hotel Priori was ok, but had I known ahead of time about the A/C and noise, shower, and unfriendly hotel employees, I would have better prepared. I would not stay there unless it was the only hotel available during The Jazz Festival.

• Stayed July 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned from Perugia Umbrin Jazz Festival which I enjoyed. Had stayed in Perugia before ay
t a different hotel. I WOULD NEVER stay at the Priori again. Our room was not air conditioned and when we asked for a fan upon arrival were told none were available. Windows had to be opened and the EXTREME noise went on all night. Wanted to cancel our 2nd night and suddenly fans appeared. The pillows are like bricks, beds like camp beds and sheets too small. Ceiling in bath full of mold and mildew. NOT RECCOMMENDED?

Room Tip: Choose anothet hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed there one night and the accommodation had all the amenities for an overnight stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean but the sound from another room was quite clear to where we could almost hear the conversation. The only part that was a challenge was locating the hotel by car and then having to park the car in the township as the parking was too expensive near the hotel. Otherwise, we would be happy to stay there again if in Perugia.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on a work trip. The hotel is very central & is set in a charming little side street.
The hotel itself is dated. My shower flooded the whole bathroom on each occasion I used it despite being careful to pull the shower curtin right across & put towels outside for soakage. The Wi Fi in the hotel is free but only works around the reception area. There was a sign stating this & that no video calls or noise from
Phones or laptops was permitted. The breakfast was average & limited amounts.
One positive was the hearings the rooms were very warm & the heating was on most of the time.
Overall very average hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This very conveniently situated hotel is close to the heart of this lovely city.
It is pretty basic but good value. My bathroom was so small the shower etc had to be reached sideways!
There was no easy chair, though ample room for one. Breakfasts were good

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first. My bathroom was minute and INconvenient!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cape Town
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is wonderfully located, just minutes from the historic centre of Perugia. At the price, it's a bargain, and I'm not sorry I stayed there. But it's not a very cheerful place; there's something a bit institutional about the echoing passages and the minimally furnished rooms. I wasn't expecting wall-to-wall carpets for 55 euros, but it's difficult to see why the desk and chair, for instance, needed to be so very uncomfortable, when for the same money they could have found something more ergonomically congenial. My bathroom was quite spacious, but again the very flimsy shower curtain did nothing to prevent the floor from being flooded -- which, given the smooth tile floor, presented a real slipping hazard. The single beds were likewise cramped; I kept on feeling I might roll off at any time. I missed a safe for my valuables and tea and coffee making facilities; and I imagine that in summer the lack of air conditioning would be a problem. And, last gripe, the wifi is confined to the lounge downstairs, and is pretty wonky even there -- and no loud conversations allowed, so no skyping.
On the plus side, the breakfasts,. though not lavish, are generous by Italian standards, with good fresh bread and pastries. (Cappucino or espresso costs extra, but that's not unusual.) My room, facing the breakfast terrace, was very quiet, the only disturbance coming from inconsiderate fellow-guests, their late-night conversations echoing through the bare corridors at full volume. THis, of course, is not the fault of the hotel, though a notice requesting consideration COULD help. The staff members were a bit remote, but they did what was expected of them efficiently and promptly. All in all, you get what you pay for here. At the price, it's bargain. I don't think you'll get more for the same price elsewhere. But you may consider paying slightly more for something a bit more plush, depending on your tastes.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quiet. I suspect the rooms facing the street could be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Priori Hotel? Share your experiences!