“great place for a very reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Giardino
Via Vincenzo Maniconi, 97 | Ponte Felcino, 06134 Perugia, Italy   |
Ranked #54 of 101 Specialty Lodging in Perugia
Boston, Massachusetts
“great place for a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff is super kind and welcoming, they went out of their way to make us feel at home. The hostel is an old mill on the Tiber River and the structure has been beautifully renovated. The location is perfect to access Perugia, Assisi, Gubbio, Spoleto and the rest of Umbria. After a day of visits, at night you can have dinner al fresco in their beautiful courtyard. The end of august 2012 was exceptionally warm for Italy (it was actually the warmest summer in the last two centuries!!) but the ancient and thick walls of the building miraculously kept the place much cooler than it was outside. The internet connection was fast. We felt at home! Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Brooklyn,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

There's really something to be said about this place as it compares to our more expensive stay in a 4-star hotel in Rome. I would have much rather stayed at Ostello Ponte Felcino.

The staff were really great. The food was delicious (if you can book a Saturday night dinner for 16 Euro pp. It's worth every cent). The tranquility was priceless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I travel on holiday every year, to different countries. This year, I took 2 months off work to bring my children (7 and 3) to italy. I am a single mother travelling alone, so I was very particular about where I stay to ensure the safety of my children. I corresponded with Elena at the hostel many times before I arrived, she answered all my emails promptly and gave me confidence that the hostel met all my requirements (yes I am very fastidious!). Elena offered to pick me up from the airport considering I was travelling alone with small children, and I was very fortunate as I was very sick when I arrived. I got worse as the day wore on at which time Elena drove me to the local medical centre for assistance.

The hostel was perfect for me and my children, there was a games room and plenty of garden for them to run around in safely. The staff were amazing, flexible, patient and friendly. Not having full command of the langage, I often asked for assistance, even though they are very busy, they never made me feel like I was imposing. I had a family room with a king bed and bunk beds with large bathroom and balcony. It was clean and functional, with fresh laundered sheets.

My chlidren spent many hours, either with Cartia and Andrea in the kitchen, or Max, Elena or Ana in the office, and terroristed their dogs, Carmen and Sid.

This hostel is great for all types of travellers, singles, couples and especially families or groups. The dinners were excellent,. Breakfast was simple and did not change, but I gather Italy wasn't big on breakfasts and neither was I.

I would recommend this hostel most definitely, it is clean, friendly great value. It is close to bus stop to Perugia.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

My husband and i had the pleasure to stay in this great hostel in ponte fecino! the staff was fantastic, so friendly and helpful. We arrived tired from the jorney, and were welcomed by elena, who also spoke english! The room we had was clean and an excellent value with a balcony overlooking this beautiful park. The hostel is in this old castel, really cool! It is in quiet area -and yet we were just a bus ride away from perugia, and assisi - whish we really wanted to see on our Italy vacacion. The food was amazing! for just 10 euros we ate like kings! We were there with a group and the staff was more than accomadating, being very attentive and hospitable. I would recomend this hosel to anyone who wants good value for their money, wants to be close to the sights of perugia, assisi and umbria yet wants to sleep in a quiet place without the noise of a club next door. It was great!!!!

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Villa Giardino? Share your experiences!