“Laugh and learn--Umbria Cooks 4 You offers both!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 62 Attractions in Perugia
Type: Other
Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Laugh and learn--Umbria Cooks 4 You offers both!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Titan and Nonie will make you laugh and teach you traditional Umbrian fare at the same time. It's hands-on cooking in Tita's kitchen in her country home overlooking lush Umbria--the green heart of Italy. This is an authentic experience which any food-loving traveler will love. These two women put their heart and souls into this class. Besides learning to cook, you will also get to sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labors. They pair Umbrian wine with several courses -- a real treat. I understand they also teach classes to visitors in their rental villas. Whether you go to them or they come to you, don't miss this opportunity if you find yourself in this magical, non- touristy place. Just try to learn a few phrases of Italian-- it's not a place where everyone speaks English-- one of its many charms!

Visited April 2013

Yountville, California
4 attraction reviews
“Just as great the second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We did a cooking class with Nonie and Tita at Tita's lovely home 12 years ago and had an amazing time. This trip we were traveling with ten friends so we had them come to our villa we rented outside of Cortona. The recent class was just as fun as the first and while their charm and great interaction was just as we remembered, it is clear they have been working hard to continually improve their classes (they did all the set up in advance and then set up the table while we had drinks in the garden and finally served dinner and left the kitchen spotless).

We especially enjoyed how they adjusted their style to fit the group. The last trip we cooked an incredibly ambitious meal while this time our group was looking for a little easier lesson followed by an amazing dinner. While everything we made was wonderful, group favorites were Tita's torta rustica, balsamic marinated zucchini on crostini and the mushroom fettuccine. We also really enjoyed the "surprise" Tita made us as a little warm up course. We didn't have room for the fruit tart (made with preserves Tita made herself) after all the amazing courses, but we warmed it up the next day (our farewell dinner) and it was as amazing as the other courses.

The entire group loved the dinner and Nonie and Tita. We can't recommend them highly enough.

Visited May 2013
Redmond, Washington
“Umbria Cooks 4u - Perfect cooking class experience near Perugia, Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Cooking with Nonie and Tita in Tita's beautiful country home in Umbria is one of the best experiences I've ever had! They made transportation to Tita's home easy and we began cooking right away. As we cooked we sampled traditional italian foods and wine while sharing stories and then sat down to enjoy the feast together. I am not a cook but the recipes were simple and they printed all the recipes for me to take home so I can make them again. Cooking was hands-on, fun and delicious! Nonie and Tita are wonderful genuine people who make you feel like family. They work other full time jobs and offer these classes for fun so you know they love what they do and enjoy meeting guests. The food and conversation is well worth the money, I highly recommend it!
Thank you again Nonie and Tita, I will never forget this experience and will make the dishes again!
Erin Hislop

Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“PERFETTO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had the most wonderful experience with Nonie and Tita ! They make you feel like family.I would do this again the next time my travels take me to Umbria. It was very educational on the food and origin of why and where,and I felt like I met two new friends that I would definitely see again ! Thank You Nonie and Tita Voi Belle Donne !

Visited March 2013
Passignano Sul Trasimeno, Italy
“Inspiring Cooking lesson with Nonie and Tita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We want to thank You, Nonie and Tita, for a fantastic cooking lesson in Perugia tuesday 5th of february 2013.
These few hours which we spent together with you in Titas kitchen were absolutely fantastic and really inspiring. We learned massive amount of things and secrets about Italian food and most important: how to prepare that ourselves after this great lesson. The food we made and then ate together was so good that my english is not good enough to describe it. We stongly want to recommend this lesson to anybody who has any kind of interest on Italian and especially Umbrian food.

Visited February 2013