“An experience I will never forget” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 708 Restaurants in Perugia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tavoli all'aperto in piazzetta.
bakewell
“An experience I will never forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Dined here in May of 2012 and can honestly say this was a truly unforgettable experience.
The setting, atmosphere and of course the incredible food and wine.
This place is special - I would recommend it highly.

• Visited May 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent authentic italian gourmet cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ve been at La Taverna last month for dinner once..and we came back every night after that during our whole stay in Perugia.
Great, excellent food, great chef and great team in the kitchen, great quality,local and seasonal products which is the base of the italian cuisine.

We ll be back for sure Claudio! GRAZIE
Matthew and Julie

• Visited January 2013
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Very promoted place, but ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked the restaurant long time in advance based on the rating. Place in the centre of the town, interior average (too many different styles). The starters was OK, but the main course was not as we expected - my wife got burned artichokes on the top of the meat, the pairing with the wine was not very good. The Chef showed his presence in the dining room, but it looks better he watch his kitchen...
Service was only average.

Visited February 2013
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Best zuppa ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I went there yesterday for dinner. I had a zuppa di fave e carciofi...it was the best zuppa ever!! Really amazing flavour. I also has some good grilled pecorino and vegetables and some nice red wine by the glass. Service was great. Grazie!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rome, Italy
“Best restaurant in all of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

During my stay in Perugia I ate at La Taverna twice. I know this may sound like a silly decision considering the multitude of available restaurants, but you wouldn't understand my choice unless you experienced what I did. The first meal I had was carmelo rossi with gorgonzola cheese and red beets inside. INCREDIBLE. The sauce was rich and beautiful. Also, the bread that they bring out is fresh and delicious, served with excellent olive oil. For my second meal I was recommended to have the gnocchi. Once again INCREDIBLE. The gnocchi was a perfect consistency and it melted in my mouth. Best gnocchi I've ever had. I have never written a review on Tripadvisor before because I never thought it was worth it. La Taverna changed that. I will have to go back to Perugia just for this restaurant. By the way I have been eating at all of the fine restaurant in Rome and still think that La Taverna is the BEST IN ITALY! GO THERE.

• Visited February 2013