We stayed at this property last October (2012) and considered it the highlight of our two week trip through Italy! We chose to stay in the castle tower, which was built in the year 1000, had 5 feet thick walls and stairs to test even the best thigh muscles- it was fabulous! There were 3 small floors (modern bathroom, entry area and comfortable bedroom - plus access to the tower roof for a 360 degree view of the countryside.) The castle grounds were lovely to stroll and the dining room was warm and inviting with outstanding food. Oh, and breakfast each morning was perfect! We are planning to return to Italy next year and we will definitely be staying at the castle again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio