“A VERY COZY PLACE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 95 Siena B&B and Inns
argentina
“A VERY COZY PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

We really liked this place. The only problem we had was finding it. The guidelines were not useful, and nobody heard about the street where it is placed. Apart from that, the room in the 3rd floor has an excellent view of Siena, and is large enough, and has a nice bathroom too, Breakfast in a small and cute room. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

I made a reservation at the San Francesco for two double rooms with bath on the ground floor for myself/boyfriend and my elderly parents 5 months in advance of our stay. I re-confirmed two weeks beforehand. I called one hour outside of Siena as required and was told that my reservation had changed and we were to stay somewhere else...The woman said I had received an email with this new info (I didn't). We arrived at the new location, the gentleman had two attic rooms up a steep narrow flight of stairs and said take it or leave it, that's all he could do. We checked a couple of places in the neighborhood which were all booked and resigned ourselves to carting our luggage up the stairs.

We returned from dinner at 10pm and found a mother and son at the doorstep, they too had been re-directed to this new place, but there was no one to greet them and no space for them after a call to the manager. Unfortunately for them, they had pre-paid for the rooms on hotels.com.

I cannot comment on the accommodations at the San Francesco but I strongly suggest that if you want a guaranteed room, you find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Collins
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

Wasn't able to get a hold of this B&B to confirm at all!! I called several times the day before and the day of our arrival with the numbers that were given to us through a website confirmation. The phones were turn off and service was never available.

We didn't feel comfortable traveling all the way up there not know if it would even be open!! I can't tell you how disappointed we are with the San Francesco Bed & Breakfast. Tourist beware of this establishment !! Our experience was horrible. It's hard to find last minute reservations in Italy!

Now back in the states... we still haven't received an email explaining what happened.

Thanks

Stayed October 2007
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

Take seriously the calling before you arrive. I had emailed about arriving at 5 pm as it was after 2 pm check in, which Allesandro replied would be OK. But when we arrived in Siena Allesandro was nowhere to be found. We also recieved emails with conflicting directions and multiple phone numbers, none of which seemed to work. Once we did get through Alessandro either couldn't understand me (very possible :) ) or he had given our room away because he hung up on me twice. It seemed like a nice location as long as you get there early and call before you arrive. After 5 hours of wandering the streets with our luggage we ended up bunking with some other folks in a similar predicament at a spendy hotel. But Siena is beautiful!!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

My wife and I spent two nights at the San Francesco B&B. It's a bit difficult to find at first as it is about a 15- to 20-minute walk from the bus drop-off point and not quite in the heart of the city. But after finding the place, Masimo greeted us with a warm smile and was very hospitable. He gave us lots of information about the city, provided us with a map, and recommended the key sites to see.

Our room was quite large, had a nice view, and was impeccably clean. Given its location, the area was quiet at night, making for a very comfortable sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was at a large table with other guests, providing a great opportunity to share stories and recommendations and make new friends.

For the price, service, and cleanliness, this was a great value.

• Liked — Friendliness of Masimo, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Difficult to find at first.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

We stayed here last March, and it was a great find. The B&B is charming. If you are expecting a five star hotel this may not be for you, but, in my opinion, this was Italy at it's best. The rooms were clean and basic, and the bathrooms were as nice as we experienced at any B&B in Italy. Massimo was a wonderful host. This was our first stop on the trip, so he went out of his way to get us acquainted with Siena and the B&B. I will surely stay here again when I return to Tuscany! Fell free to email me at Irishtexan21@aol.com if you have any questions about this B&B. I also traveled through the Cinque Terre, Venice, and Rome.

• Stayed March 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

My wife and I, celebrating our 60th birthdays in Europe, spent 3 wonderful nights in Sienna at this B&B.

The location is wonderful! The room was quiet and comfortable with beds being a little on the soft side. A good breakfast was provided every morning in the dining room. Our room overlooked a busier street, but quiet, and I spent a lot of time when in the room watching life go by below. Particularly impressive sight were the thousands of swallows flying in the sky in the evening feeding time! We walked to all the sights of Sienna and used a cab only to go to the train station upon our leaving.

We would definately recomend this B&B to anyone visiting beautiful Sienna.

• Liked — Location and views
  • Disliked — Owner could be on hand more.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to B&B San Francesco? Share your experiences!