“Terrific spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Italia

You added Hotel Italia to your Saves list
Hotel Italia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour 67, 53100 Siena, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Siena
“Terrific spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Not too far outside the gate of old Siena. Lovely hotel. Clean, very helpful staff, nice breakfast as well. Only complaint was our rooms faced the Main Street and the street noise was excessive. Especially on trash pick up day which seemed to start around 6am. Seek a room off the Main Street.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
many thanks for sharing your comment.
I apology for the noise. Rooms facing the main street are soundproof, but unfortunately it seems not enough for the trash pick up, I'm really really sorry.
I really hope to have the chance to give you a perfect accommodation next time...
Me and the Staff, we send you a great and warm regard from Siena.

Federica Fiochi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stayed in Hotel Italia. The breakfast was great and the staff was pleasant. The rooms were clean and spacious. It's close to the train station and a 15 minute walk to city center. Only thing was AC was not working. I was there for the spring, so we had to leave the windows open. I notified the staff. Other than that it was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Farhan789,

many thanks for your nice review.
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
About Air Conditioned I'm sorry but here in Italy there is a law that allows us to switch AC on just from the 1st of may...we can't do it before.
Hoping to welcome you again in the future, please accept iur kindest regards,

Federica Fiochi and Staff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I got off the train in Siena late on a Wednesday night, exhausted after traveling from the US for the previous 24 hours. I found out that my reservation with a hotel nearby was never confirmed by my previous travel partner and I decided to start walking and see what I could find nearby. I am beyond grateful that I walked into Hotel Italia. The concierge was extremely accomodating given my late check in, and offered me a reasonably priced room that was spacious and comfortable. I slept soundly and woke up to a delicious complimentary breakfast and a prime location near both the train station and old city walls. The front desk even allowed me to use their phone to coordinate with the rest of my travel partners to get the day started right. I will certainly be back to Hotel Italia next time I visit Siena!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Richjr,

many thanks for your kind comment.
I'm glad you could rest after that stressing day.
Let's hope next time you'll choose us :-).
A sincere regard from me and the Staff,

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at Hotel Italia in a spacious room that met all our needs. Our room faced the street (which was a bit noisy at night) but we had a small balcony that was nice to sit and enjoy the evening. As most reviews reference, the staff is extremely helpful. We were having difficulty contacting a tour company that we were to meet in Siena, and the staff made calls on our behalf to confirm logistics. The breakfast room is spacious and provides a nice variety of foods. I especially appreciated the variety of fresh fruit. Thank you Hotel Italia, for making our first visit to Siena a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Wow!!!
Many many thanks for your kind review. So nice, we are all touched, thanks!
It's so good knowing also only one gust spent a quality time with us...we work for this, with heart and passion.
Me and all the Staff we want to send you a warm regard from Siena, with the hope you'll visit us again soon.

Prescott
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel Italia is the perfect place to stay in Siena. It is near the train station and close enough to the City. The breakfast offered has something for everyone and a great espresso machine. The staff is gracious and efficient especially Davide!

• Stayed March 2014
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Tom L,

what a wonderful review!
Many thanks for posting those amazing words about us
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay so much and my staff was pleasant and helpful.
Davide is a very nice person we are lucky to have him.
Please accept our warmest regards and let's hope you will come back soon and visit us again.

Federica Fiochi and the Staff
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in this cute little hotel last week on my honeymoon. It was close to the train station, and a scenic 15 minute walk to the center. We had an executive room and it was very nice for the cost, with a large bathroom and a great patio that we enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a Tuscan sunset. The breakfast was great with fresh pastries and a self serve coffee machine. The people behind the desk were super friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Christie,

what can I say to transmit you the pleasure we had in reading your review? Don't know maybe a symple MASSIVE THANK YOU!!!
Me and the Staff are so glad your holiday and stay with us went that good, thanks again for letting us know.
Please come back and visit us soon...maybe during the spring time where the nature gives its best.
Keep in touch with us following our FB page Hotel Italia Siena...you'll continue smelling the taste of Tuscany.
Sincere regards.

Novato, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our room was small but comfortable with a nice size bathroom. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with maps, with special kudos to Elaine. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to the historic center of Siena with interesting shops along the way. Although stated as a pedestrian only walkway to the center, there were many cars, delivery trucks and motorcycles traversing this walkway. The hotel had an elevator but it was pointless to use as you still had to navigate additional stairs to get to your floor. The hallways were somewhat noisy as the floors were wood and people coming and going created a rather loud effect. A carpet runner or carpeting might solve this issue and a porter or someone to help with suitcases would have been appreciated. Breakfast was good with a nice variety of foods from which to choose. There is a small secure private parking area which was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your kind review and precious suggestions.
Something can be done other things don't depend on us.... The only floor where the lift doesn't go is the Mezzanine Floor where you need to get off 5 steps, next time we can accommodate you somewhere else, no problem!
I will check about carpet runner...very good advice, thanks!
Hotel Italia is a 3 star hotel and in Italy this category doesn't have porter, I'm sorry.
Siena centre is closed to regular traffic but there are many business...someone must drive inside...after 5pm you'll just find cabs and some small bus.
I'm glad that you enjoyed anyway your stay and I hope to be able to give you soon a new perfect one!
Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept my best regards.

Federica Fiochi

Been to Hotel Italia? Share your experiences!