“Great Hotel and fine value in Siena” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Italia

You added Hotel Italia to your Saves list
Hotel Italia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour 67, 53100 Siena, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Siena
Montreal, Canada
“Great Hotel and fine value in Siena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Italia as a fallback to accomodations we had planned in Vagliagli that did not work out. Needed A/C and Hotel Italia did not disappoint!! and more!! Had a newly redecorated Executive room, king-bed, rain shower and very fluffy towels. A great room with free and fully-functional Wifi. Buffet breakfast was supeb, lots of choices, great coffee. Only blight was the lack of parking space, as I had to scramble to find overnight parking on side streets that were also scheduled for early morning street cleaning> A dire need for more parking spaces. Otherwise, a great hotel, and we'll be back!!

Room Tip: THird-floor executive rooms were great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear John,

many thanks for spending your time in leaving a review about us,

I’m very pleased your stay in our Executive Room and our breakfast were so satisfactory and thanks for sharing this with the Trip Advisor community.

About parking you’re completely right, unfortunately we asked for purchasing or renting some public spots but it seems the Town Hall prefer keeping them unsold and free…incredible but true :-(.
Just remember that it’s always possible to reserve a space inside our small parking or park for free at our sister hotel, 600 mt far away.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept my kindest regards.

Federica Fiochi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here in July for two nights. We had pre-booked a standard room, but after a less than optimum experience at a hotel in Rome (can you say tiny and outdated?) we treated ourselves and upgraded to an executive room. ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE $$!! With a private patio that overlooked the mountains and part of the city, it was breathtaking and made me fall in love with Italy!. And the staff were EXCELLENT and very welcoming. Although the trip up the endless escalators from the train station seemed like it would never end, the hotel was a quick walk from the top of the hill, and the instant we stepped into our room we knew we'd made right choice for our stay in Siena!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors - executive rooms with a private patio! Wonderful for relaxing wit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear loml1001,

what a pleasure your enthusiasm in describing our executive rooms! Thanks!!! Grazie!!!
I’m pleased to inform you that next January we will renovate also the lobby, the bar and the reception… so don’t miss Hotel Italia’s new look, come and visit us again soon!
In the meantime please accept our sincere regards.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Hotel Italia and were thoroughly impressed. Without a doubt, the best three star hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was large and clean. The breakfast was very good and plentiful and the staff, who all spoke very good english, couldn't do enough for you. They even arranged a wine tour for us to the Chianti Region. The location was within walking distance to the train station and the city center. The value I received for my stay was incredible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!
What can I say? I’m so glad to read this incredible comment about us. No, but glad is not enough. I miss the right word, my English vocabulary is too limited :-(… but I hope to transmit you what I mean anyway.
The value we receive from your opinion is INCREDIBLE!!!
GRAZIE.
Me and my staff we all really hope to welcome you again!
Sincere regards,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in one of the executive rooms at Hotel Italia for 3 nights in late August. The hotel is an easy walk from the train station, to the right and across the street after exiting the escalators. It's an easy, pleasant 15 minute walk to Il Campo. The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable with free wifi, free mini-bar and a lovely balcony. The bathroom was beautiful with a large shower, rainfall shower head and large fluffy towels. Breakfast was excellent with hot and cold items. The staff were great, especially the breakfast staff.

My one suggestion is to add a second coffee machine at breakfast. There was often a line waiting for coffee.

I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
WONDERFUL REVIEW!!!
Thanks, really thanks for leaving this kind review full of amazing comments about us and useful information.
I’m sincerely pleased your stay was so good and I hope to welcome you again here at Hotel Italia.
A big CIAO from our beautiful Siena,

Salzburg, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

On our honeymoon trip we spent 2 nights in Siena. In advance I had asked if we could get a nice room - for it is our honeymoon - altough I had booked the cheaper standard room. We got a very promt reply that the hotel offers nicer executive rooms - but they were over our budget. After my reply a got a very nice mail form Jannicke at the reception, that she would do her best to give as a nice standard room with a balcony. When we arrived, she checked us in and gave as a free of charge upgrade to a Superior room in their annex. Thanks for that! The room was nicely decorated and had everything one would need. Especially the bathroom was very pretty! Nevertheless the street is very noisy and on our first night someone in the building eighter played sing star or listened to always changing music till 2 in the morning - so we could only sleep with earplugs. If you have a light sleep I guess you should choose their executive rooms - the are said to be sound proof. Breakfast was all right, quite a big choice for Italy but it was very busy - with the waitress doing her best to refill everything but she could not really make it. Maybe it was just bad timing.

Dear Sonja234,

I’m so happy you were satisfied with our service, it’s a big responsibility being one of the accommodation on your honeymoon trip… TANTI AUGURI!!!
All our rooms already have double glasses…unfortunately some people rudeness isn’t under our control. What we will do is to change all the front street windows with more modern ones, like those of the executive rooms.
I’m pleased to inform you and future guests that we will do that next January.
Maybe you could come back and verify next year, it would be very nice if you’ll come again!!!
In the meantime please accept my best congratulations for your marriage and my kindest regards.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located by the rain station after a trek up several escalators. The staff here were extremely nice and helpful. The room is very nice, the air conditioner works well and we had a lovely large deck that overlooked the hills. The room was clean and the free mini-bar was a nice touch. The rooms were quiet and the only time we heard noise was from the dirt bikes of Siena when we we on our deck. Siena is a lovely city and we felt safe no matter what time we were out. A wonderful stop at a very pleasant hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Libu2874,

first of all I want to thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor and for helping us in improving our daily job.
I’m so pleased your stay with us matched your expectations and you enjoyed our location and service.
From your description I understand you chose our new Executive Rooms... I also love them, they’re so fresh and bright!
Hotel Italia, the staff, and our safe and quite Siena wait for your next visit.
Sincere regards

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The beauty of this hotel is its location. From the train station you can take a series of escalators up to the main street where this hotel is situated. The rooms were clean and adequate and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Dear carlyo_12,

thanks for sharing your review about us, your words are a great support to all of us and to our job.
I’m pleased you appreciated our convenient location and our services.
Thanks also for the nice note about my staff…it’s very kind you wrote something about them, GRAZIE!
Looking forward to welcoming you again, I remain
Yours Faithfully

Federica Fiochi

Been to Hotel Italia? Share your experiences!