A 3 star hotel located on the fourth floor of a very old building in the old town. Full of character.
What I liked :
- Quaint, charming feeling. The building is old and you can feel it in the interior.
- Room had a balcony/terrace to sit on.
- Wi-fi fast and worked well.
- Room amenities about what you'd expect for a 3 star hotel. Comfortable enough. Bathroom also ok. Decent shower. TV. Ceiling fan. Wardrobe. No a/c so on the top floor in the middle of summer it could be warm for some.
- Good location. 1 minute walk from Piazza del Campo.
What was average :
- Breakfast was just ok. Don't think fibre or anything with much life in it. Coffee, packaged Italian toast/biscuit, sugary spreads, packet orange juice, single white roll.
- Located on the top floor of a four story building. No lift. No problem for me but I can imagine for someone who doesn't like too many stairs, especially with luggage, it wouldn't be easy.
What I didn't like :
- Being told it was ok to store my luggage there after check-out time (10:00) whilst I went sight-seeing. Coming back at 3 and wanting to use the wi-fi for 10 mins to check my mails and being made to sit in the corridor because they were 'cleaning' the breakfast room. No cleaning was happening. 5 minutes later being told I had to leave because "there is a group coming", which there wasn't because I waited outside for a taxi for 20 minutes and no group showed up.
I asked if I could just finish what I was doing and the manager grabbed my case and literally threw it out the door, scowling and saying, "Check-out time 10:00am". He was really really really rude and a bit aggressive. Totally unpleasant way to end my stay.
3 star amenity but not more, great location, exceptionally rude and unpleasant manager. Certainly would not recommend. Mind you up to the point where he was really rude, they were pleasant enough without providing great service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel Centrale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centrale Hotel Siena