“A spectacular day” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 50 activities in Siena
Type: Walking tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Guided walking tours in Siena and in the main towns of its province with Costanza. Guided walks in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Customized itineraries and wine tastings on request.
KY
3 attraction reviews
“A spectacular day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I came to visit our daughter who is studying in Rome. I had never been to Siena before and wanted to visit the Cathedral. We have had good luck in the past with hiring local guides, so I jumped on Trip Advisor and we are so fortunate to have found Siena Walking Tours and Costanza Riccardi. In emails, she inquired as to our interests and made a special effort to direct the information to appease those interests. She recommended a restaurant and hotel as well. But, the highlight of the day was the pleasure of getting to know her and her city. We felt as if we were part of her family and we are planning another trip to include her in our Tuscan plans. Practically speaking, she was prompt, knowledgable and professional. If you want a great tour, feel Confident in booking Costanza. Thank you again!

Florence, Alabama
“Wonderful walking tour of a beautiful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our family of four adults thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour of Siena and the pleasing company of such a fine person with a vast knowledge and a personal love for her home city. Costanza is a highlight of our Italian trip. She was a wealth of information and all of us came away with a great history lesson. We hope, if we can someday return, we may be lucky enough to have her with us again. Thank you Costanza! You have friends in Alabama!

Visited September 2012
Totnes, Devon, U.K.
“A fascinating afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've just got back from Siena where one reason for the visit was to find out more about one of the "Contrade" (districts) - La Civetta, the Owl Contrade. I booked an afternoon tour with Costanza Riccardi and it truly was the highlight of my stay. Costanza was not only very knowledgeable - well, she wouldn't be a registered Siena guide if she was not - but very caring and considerate. I'm an old lady and have arthritis and Costanza went out of her way to find places where I could sit down at intervals, held my arm on tricky steps, etc. She also made all the arrangements to have the Contrada's museum opened especially and we were shown round by a member of the Contrade. I came away with masses of valuable information but also had real fun in the process. So, many thanks Costanza and I hope to see you again!

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
“A great big thank you to Costanza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This will be a strange review since we did not actually get to take a tour with Costanza. She was booked for the afternoon that we will be in Siena but wanted to know how she could help. Costanza was so helpful in finding us another guide for that day and even suggested great restaurants for lunch before our tour. Her responses to my emails and questions were so quick and efficient and friendly. Such a pleasant person to work with I can imagine her tours must be wonderful. Would not hesitate to book a tour with her in the future and am keeping her info on file for my must "to do" list for next time. Thank you Costanza!

Visited September 2012
Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Siena guide who kept 10 spellbound!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Costanza Riccardi was a wonderful, knowledgable guide full of enthusiasm for her native city, Siena -- she captured the imaginations of a party of 10 ranging in age from 12 to 72! Holding the attention of such a diverse group was no easy task, but she led us through the undiscovered areas of Siena and made it so exciting and informative. Both children and adults were enthusiastic followers as she meancered through the unknown, less toursited places in the city. But as a favour she also took us to the main cathedral and gave an amazing presentation! We spenf only 3 hours with her in June, 2012, but I want so much to return to Siena and tour with her again. Joyhobb

Visited June 2012