“Best Indian Food Restaurant in Italy....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #143 of 451 restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cucina Indiana Di Origine Punjab..
Delhi
“Best Indian Food Restaurant in Italy....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been there in Siena for few months, Indian food is at its best in "Namastey India" Siena restaurant. Quality, presentation, service and staff all got rank "A". I heard of "Namastey India 9" restaurant in poggibonsi so i went there also in search of some real taste of Indian food, but unfortunately people working there in that restaurant are insulting Indian food, after long travel to reach there in "Namastey India 9" i feel cheated when i paid money. I got my drinks after 25 minutes of my order given, food they served looking dull with absence of presentation manner. Dolche (sweet dish) was so hard, which means that was not fresh. Owner mr. verma is cheating people with his fake smile and polite voice.
Whenever you are in tuscany, and if you are looking for some real taste of Indian Food. Get there in Siena, "Namastey India" restaurant Vi A Di Pantaneto n.32, 53100 Siena is address for having magical Indian Environment with tasty food.

• Visited September 2012

70% Recommend
sussex
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sad it may be but we were in desperate need for some spice. We like pasta and pizza but after 2 weeks you can have enough. This restaurant is a little gem and we couldnt believe our luck. Excellent food and service.

• Visited May 2013
Victoria, BC
“Something different and welcome in Siena!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Look no further if you crave a change from pasta and pizza and meat. Charming Indian-Italian young woman served two of us vegetarian thali and saag paneer. It was ample for a wonderful dinner! Lovely Indian fabrics decorate the ceiling.

Paris, France
“The Best of Indian Food I Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love Indian food (as well as Japanese), and when I have an opportunity, I try to visit Indian restaurants and in each of them I always have had something I really do not like (or wish I would not order). But it was not the case in this restaurant. I did not have high expectations when I entered that place, but the food was divine.
Every single dish of it was great! We had a big group of people wishing to taste several things, so we ordered a variety of food, and everything was soooooo tasty!! Particularly I would like to praise fantastic mango lassi, menu "Goa" and this fantastic green dessert with cardamon!!
Mmmmm... Thank you for this great experience starting a new year!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kashmir B, Proprietario at Namastey India, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, we always try to take care of every detail even though we still have much to improve. we wish to see you again soon at namastey..
Thanks
Ranjit
herefordshire
“Had enough of Pasta??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Desperate for Indian food whilst in Italy so looked up what appeared to be the only Indian in Siena...Despite the tastelessly negative reviews about the place the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food! Yes the beer was expensive, not unlike the rest of Rip Off Italy!! Bravo to the Chef and thanks for being a part of our 30th Wedding Anniversary!!

• Visited September 2012