I stayed as a single in this hotel on the Cosmos' "Splendors of Italy" tour. Very modern, very clean. But I had never stayed in a hotel where the corridor lights were motion sensitive, so when I and a couple of others got off the elevator, we stepped into darkness. It took us dancing around a bit before the lights came on. Then we got lost, and if I stopped to look at a map of the hotel floor plan, because I was still, the lights went off again. Finally found my room, opened the door, pushed buttons to turn on the lights, stepped into the room, and all the lights went out! In pitch blackness I fumbled back to the door, and only because I am BRILLIANT did I find a card holder in the wall and figure out my key card had to remain in that slot in order for the lights to stay on. Of course, when you left the room and took your key card with you, all the lights would go off. But, I had never been in such a hotel. Once I figured out how things worked, the bed was huge, clean and comfortable, and I had a nicely appointed bathroom. One tip re: this and all hotels in Italy--No tissues provided in the bathrooms and no wash clothes, either. Bring wash cloths you can discard every time you leave a hotel and a big old box of Kleenex. As for the big, tour group breakfast, it was fine, but if you didn't get there early, food was picked over pretty fast. Still, great coffee and tarts or croissants.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Siena Degli Ulivi Hotel
- Mercure Siena Degli Ulivi Hotel Siena
- Accor Siena Degli Ulivi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 143 rooms, fully equipped with 4 star amenities. Located on the threshold of the historic city walls, a few minutes from the city centre with its medieval atmosphere and the splendour of the Piazza del Campo. Ideal for business and leisure travellers alike, the hotel features a restaurant serving regional and international cuisine, a bar, a gym with sauna and modern and well equipped conference facilities. 4 suites available, to be booked with the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, ACCOR, Olotels, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Mercure Siena Degli Ulivi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.