The hotel does fit clearly into the five-star luxury segment. The lobby is done to a high standard and looks suitably impressive, and the location is ideal. So far so good. Our minor criticisms are the following.
1. The room we had was smaller than would be expected and had slightly outdated decoration.
2. They will try to charge you for wifi - always a no no in my opinion, and just means I have to walk outside to a cafe.
3. Their checklist of restaurant recommendations, all of which are supposed to be of a high standard, is in fact a mixed (and somewhat biased) bag. In our case one was brilliant but with the other they really should have known better and we basically wasted an evening out.
All in all a good five star but could have been be a great one.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Continental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 5-star luxury hotel within the old walls of the city of Siena is the Grand Hotel Continental, an architectural jewel of exclusive luxury in the medieval heart of this ancient city. History and art are an integral part of this magnificent 17th century building, also known as Palazzo Gori Pannilini, a wedding gift from Pope Alexander VII, a member of the powerful Chigi family, to his niece Olimpia. The frescoes are grandiose, the furniture priceless, the marble refined and the atmosphere is so romantic that throughout the centuries it has won over the hearts of a truly elite clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Amex, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Hotel Continental Siena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.