The hotel does fit clearly into the five-star luxury segment. The lobby is done to a high standard and looks suitably impressive, and the location is ideal. So far so good. Our minor criticisms are the following.
1. The room we had was smaller than would be expected and had slightly outdated decoration.
2. They will try to charge you for wifi - always a no no in my opinion, and just means I have to walk outside to a cafe.
3. Their checklist of restaurant recommendations, all of which are supposed to be of a high standard, is in fact a mixed (and somewhat biased) bag. In our case one was brilliant but with the other they really should have known better and we basically wasted an evening out.
All in all a good five star but could have been be a great one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Continental, a Sienese palace steeped in history, is part of Niquesa Hotels & Residences. Niquesa's Grand Hotel Continental, the old town's only 5* hotel, has a privileged position a moment's stroll down cobbled medieval lanes to Siena's most important attractions, including the famous Piazza del Campo and the Romanesque-Gothic cathedral. Every one of our rooms and suites is a masterpiece, honed over centuries, designed for the tastes of the 17th century aristocracy and refined to meet the demands of the discerning modern traveller. From our beautiful classic rooms to the magnificence of our Royal Suite, our accommodation is unashamedly opulent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Continental Siena