“Best part of our European adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 40 Tours & Activities in Siena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Best part of our European adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

There's a reason Paola has perfect reviews across the board -- she's magnificent! She went above and beyond to show me, my mother and friend an amazing time while we were visiting Siena. Her tour was the highlight of the trip, and it's something we will be talking about forever.

We went on the Brunello tour and it was fabulous. We stopped by three family-run wineries, a monastery, and adorable town to wander around for a bit. The trip just wouldn't have been as great without Paola. She had amazing relationships with each of the winemakers, and having grown up in Siena, was the greatest tour guide we could've asked for.

She's kind, funny, and gracious. And her English is perfect!

I recommend her to anyone going to Italy (even if you don't have Siena on your itinerary yet ... add it!).

If I could give Paola more than 5 stars I would!

Note: Do not eat breakfast that day as you will be eating a ton of amazing food throughout the tour! :)

Cheers to Paola!

Visited April 2013

Huntington, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A must do private tour of Tuscany!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked Paola for a full day tour around Tuscany. Myself, husband and three teenaged daughters were all extremely happy with the day spent driving around the Tuscan countryside. Paola was accommodating and planned a great day! We visited a family run Pecorino Cheese Farm. We toured the facility and then were treated to a tasting of the different foods made at the farm. Our family really enjoyed the cheese farm. We stopped at various locations along the drive to take pictures of the amazing views. We had lunch at a family run winery, which was a highlight! We toured the vineyard and learned about the wines produced there. We also stopped at a few charming little towns. Paola gave us time to explore the towns on our own which was a great experience. We never felt rushed! She was very informative and a pleasure to spend the day with. Overall we highly recommend you book Paola.

Visited August 2013
London
“Absolutely worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend booked Paola's half day Chianti wine tour & it was the highlight of our trip.

I had scoured so many websites that offered tours of wineries and they seemed either excessively expensive or just a little 'fusty'. Paola was perfect. She is interesting and interested, flexible to your needs and had taken into account all the information I had mentioned in my emails, responding promptly and picking us up bang on the dot of 2pm. She is also Sienese born and bred and can tell you everything you might want to know as a visitor to the city.

And so it began! We visited 2 wineries in the afternoon we spent with Paola and never once did we feel rushed. The delight of the winery owners at seeing Paola at the first venue was absolutely enough to tell us we had made the right decision with our guide. After buying and indeed consuming our fair share of vintages and balsamic vinegar (my goodness I never knew it could taste quite so remarkable!) we were back in the car and heading to the next one.

The tours, no matter how long or short are very well thought through and Paola allowed us enough time for pit stops overlooking beautiful panoramas of Tuscan countryside so we could take photos (and indeed get photos of us together- which is often a rarity when traveling just as a pair). Another lovely addition was the half hour we were able to spend in the beautiful little medieval town of Castellina in Chianti to the second winery. Paola is not present all the time, allowing you to go and explore at your leisure, and she met us back at the car for the final stage of our journey- another incredible winery, where we again polished off our fair share of wine, grappa, balsamic vinegar and indeed bought enough that we had to increase our baggage weight when we headed back home!

Paola gave us a day that we will forever remember and constantly reminisce over. Not only did she introduce us to a side of Tuscany we hadn't seen before, but also offered us, through her own passion and knowledge of Sienese culture- another handful of recommendations for the remainder of our trip.

Book with her, you will be grateful you did.

Visited July 2013
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Wine Country Private Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I booked Paola for a private tour for mid June to the wine country. Paola was accommodating and flexible and always returned my email questions. We appreciated that she was flexible enough to be able to collect us at our hotel in Siena and return us to our hotel in Florence at the end of the day. For our tour she had a full day planned for us to see and experience 2 different wineries in Chianti where we had tastings of wine, olive oil, vinegars and a full lunch. She also took us to 2 different charming little towns and let us explore independently during the day. Paola gave us some history of wines, the countryside and clarified the significance of the "Rooster". Her communication skills were great. She was funny, informative and engaging. By the end of our trip we felt like we made a friend. I wish we would have had more time to book an additional day with her.
Great value; lots of fun!

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Book Paola today!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked Paola for 2 days in early July. She was fabulous! She picked us up at our hotel and had amazing things planned. She took us to amazing wineries, arranged a
Tour of Siena and was a great and professional driver. She also took us to amazing remote towns. She was the highlight of our tuscany trip and so knowledgeable. We loved her and can't wait to return to use her again!

Visited July 2013