Certosa di Maggiano is set in an old monastery on a hillside about a 20 minute walk from the historic old town of Siena (or a seven minute cab ride). The rooms are on the small side for a luxury hotel (formerly part of the Relais e Chateau group) and decorated in a traditional Italian style, with a decent-sized and well equipped bathroom. The hotel's public rooms are marvellous: spacious with high ceilings, thick walls and beautiful furnishings. Contrary to some reports, we found the staff to be quite welcoming and professional. Note that the hotel is closed during the winter and only reopens toward the end of March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Tuscany, 1 Km from Siena immersed in an uncontaminated countryside you find a XIV century Carthusian monastery, La Certosa di Maggiano turned into a Relais et Chateaux Hotel in 1978. An enchanting place, a light and natural luxury masterfully interpreted by the famous architect and interior designer, Renzo Mongiardino. A clear architecture with interiors rich in history dressed with impalpable silks and ornamental paintings & skillfully integrated within the natural and cultural environment. In line with this life born for silence and prayer, la Certosa di Maggiano offers today a set of services and activities aimed to improve your overall state of physical and spiritual wellness. A state of mind so well interpreted by the restaurant "Il Canto" and its Chef Paolo Lopriore, whose cuisine is another multi-sensorial journey which perfectly match our quest for life style, beauty & nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Certosa di Maggiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Certosa Di Maggiano Hotel Siena
- Certosa Di Maggiano Siena