We found this B&B to be rather basic - no frills in the room - but it does have everything you need to have a lovely visit of Siena.
Let's get the cons out of the way:
- yes, the hot water issue. Paola, the hostess, will warn you of this when you arrive. Not that big of a deal. I just took faster showers.
- the noise. Our room overlooked the square and we stayed over the weekend. It's a bit noisy with students singing in the square at midnight.
- the stairs. Yes, it's on the top floor - which provides wonderful views. And there's no elevator. Oh well, you're in Italy. You'll need some exercise if you're to balance all the delicious foods you'll eat.
- though you do get toiletries, there was no hand soap which I found a bit odd.
Now the pros:
- Paolo is a very nice hostess. She very kindly booked dinner reservations for us and upon our departure, presented us with some olive oil from the region.
- the location. Very easy to get to from the bus stop. Less than 5 mins away! Easy to walk to the main plaza (less than 10 mins). And about 7 mins from Grom (delicious gelato chain in Italy)
- the room is very large! One on side we overlooked the square. On the other side, you get a beautiful view of the Tuscan countryside.
- the breakfast. We were the only two people staying there and Paolo put out quite a spread for us each day! All organic, all locally sourced. Meats, cheeses, honey, fresh fruit, delicious pastries! In retrospect, having stayed in 8 places in our 2 week trip, we think her breakfasts were the best! Coffee addicts please note she does not have a cappuccino maker! And her bread is a bit hard. Other than that, delicious!
- wifi - yay!
All things considered, Paolo and her delicious breakfasts make this a really solid choice for accommodations in Siena!