“Zest is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 451 restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Fort Worth
“Zest is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not only is Zest one of the best restaurants in Siena, it's one of the best restaurants I've ever been in. Not only is the food great, but we had the most unbelievable service we've ever experienced thanks to a young man from London named James - be sure and ask for him if you are lucky enough to stop by this great bistro. I had veal scalopini and my wife had chicken marsala. And what ever you do, be sure and have the tiramasu made with lemoncello! It's beyond description - you have to try it for yourself. Chiao!

87% Recommend
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“An excellent meal in Siena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I are staying around the corner from this restaurant. The food is outstanding, the service quick and friendly and the price is very reasonable. We don't eat out that often, however based on our other experiences in Italy and Europe, we would recommend this as great place for dining out.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great restaurant serving great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We came upon this restaurant merely by chance as we were walking the alleyways of Siena. This place is very comtemporary serving Napolese as opposed to Sienese food.
The restaurant is owned by a Iltalian restauranteur who owned a number of restaurants in NZ and this reflects in the standard of decor, quality of food and service.
Although not the cheapest place in Siena it was great for our group of 10. The red snapper I had was cooked to perfection. A special thanks to James who was so hospitable.

Visited September 2012
“Amazing food, service, ambience, everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thank you, Zest, for a great evening with my husband on our anniversary. Our bed & breakfast had recommended your restaurant, and we weren't disappointed! The setting, on a charming narrow hilly street, was superb, the outdoor seating (on a hill!) was great, and the service was above the best I've received ANYWHERE. Our waitress had recommended a bottle of wine that was unforgettable, and the limoncello tiramisu dessert was pure genius. We felt the prices were very reasonable and would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!

“Great wine, basic food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

First impressions of Zest are from the lovely, yet very steep, street it is located in, I imagine a glass of wine outside during the day would be very nice on this graduated seating on the incline. We went, based on the very good reviews, for a table in the evening. The wine list is short, but very good and very well priced and the staff are friendly and helpful. Unfortunately this is where the positives end. I rather foolishly went for the scallops, prawn and salmon bake with mozzarella. There is a reason most Italians rarely add cheese to fish, it doesn't really work. My wife went for the fish soup, while full of ingredients it was short on taste. For my main I had the roast pork, based on the fact my wife had it elsewhere the previous night and it was fantastic when she had it and I was hoping for something similar, but what I got was overcooked and a little dry. My wife went for the porcini mushroom risotto and again was disappointed. It seemed to me to be missing a huge amount of Parmigiano to give it that sticky salty taste to work with the mushrooms. I saw the tiramisu coming out with a bit a caramel heart design stuck on top. Nice touch, but we skipped desert based on our previous courses. Overall I was disappointed and surprised at the high TripAdvisor rating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere