“The way to go!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 40 Tours & Activities in Siena
Louisville, Kentucky
“The way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The three of us decided to stay in Siena and visit Florence, rather than the other way around. We loved Siena, and the highlight of our visit was the Private Tour Around Tuscany we took. We not only saw much of the beautiful countryside, but we learned so much from our tour guide's wealth of knowledge and love of his native country. We didn't feel like we were customers, but friends on an excursion together. I'd say it the way to go if you want to see Tuscany.
Tom B.

Calgary, Canada
“A well worth it splurge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I recently traveled to Italy for a wonderful two week trip to Italy. We chose to see most of the trip on our own, armed with tour books and internet research, however for our two days in the Tuscany region we booked with Tours Around Tuscany - a great decision. We spent two lovely days learning about the regions wine, hill towns, countryside and people. We spent one day with Gianni and one day with Thomas. Both are personable, hard working and passionate about their country and region. These were full days done at a nice pace with pick up and drop off at our hotel. Beautiful lunches were included which rival some our best food in Italy. We wouldn't have seen or experienced a fraction of what we did if we had rented a car and tried to see this area on our own. If you can find the money in your budget - book a day or two, you won't regret it!

Orlando, Florida
“The highlight of our trip to Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Italy to celebrate my 60th birthday. The entire trip was magical but the highlight was the day(October 4th) we spent we Gianni touring Tuscany. He picked us up at our hotel in Florence at about 9am and we didn't get back until 8pm. A long and wonderful day. He was very knowlegable about the area and always had a funny story to tell. We visited small towns and a castle that we likely would not have found ourselves. We had a fabulous lunch at a small restaurant in the countryside. We went to a local vineyard and had a wine tasting. He was flexible and seemed to tailor the tour to our requests. He never rushed us, and the entire day was very relaxed. I would highly recommend Gianni to anyone visiting this area.

Tampa, Florida
“Thank You Gianni!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to Italy, and the Chainti tour with Gianni was, without a doubt, a most memorable time. We saw and learned things that we never would have if we would have been on our own. Not only was he knowledgeable about the wine and the region, but it was like spending the day with a friend, layed back and easy. From landscapes to wineries to castles, the day could not have been more enjoyable. I would never hesitate to spend another day on a tour with him. To go back would be like visiting an old friend.

Visited September 2012
tucson
3 attraction reviews
“Best decision we ever made”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I had originally planned to rent a car to tour Tuscany while we were there. However, we decided to book 3 days with Gianni and "Tours around Tuscany" We saw and experienced thing we never could have if we had done it on our own. Gianni took us to great places for lunch every day and we visited wineries, castles and many villages. He is extremely knowledgeable about the area, has great command of English language and makes sure we had a good time.
The 3rd day he took us to Pisa for the necessary picture taking opportunity then on to Livorno where he escorted us onto our cruise ship. We had made arrangements with NCL to allow us to board there instead of in Rome the day before as we wanted to spend some time in Tuscany. The time with Gianni was the best part of our whole trip.

Visited September 2012