“Savory in Siena” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 49 activities in Siena
Type: Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Become an Italian Wine Lover in less than 2 hrs! Join one of the daily wine tasting sessions with a professional sommelier and taste wines from all over Italy and Tuscany. Learn about the different denominations, grape varietals, how to taste, etc. The classes are fun and informative at the same time and will run with a minimum of 2 people! Challenge your wine knowledge be it little or lots.
Westford, Massachusetts
“Savory in Siena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My daughter & I took the Savory In Siena class after reading about it on Trip Advisor. It was great fun, we had Johanna, who is from the States. She was very informative and personable. We tried food that we never would have. My daughter is in college in Florence and she felt very comfortable asking questions. We would recommend this school.

Visited April 2013

Frankfurt, Germany
“Great Fun afternoon learning about Tuscan wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had the afternoon Tuscan wine class with Joanna. It was great. Very informative but really relaxed and her knowledge of Italian culture and wine history was excellent. We can highly recommend this if you are in Siena.

Visited March 2013
Richmond, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Great thing to do in Siena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had read about the Tuscan Wine School on Trip Advisor, and wanted to check it out. I'm very happy I did. Although I was the only student for the class, it was wonderful. I felt like I was just chatting with a very knowledgeable friend, getting to know more about wine and feeling very at ease. Joanna, my lovely instructor was fun and smart. I also learned about some pairing and that chocolate can go with most red wines! I also loved tasting the olive oils, and getting an extra " mini lesson" on the different ones. What a classy, and great way to spend an afternoon.

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Fun and informative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We came across this wine crash class by chance and it was the perfect break between visiting the amazing sites in Siena. We learned a lot about wines and wine tasting and had lots of fun. Our teacher, Rebecca, was very nice and personable and was happy to answer our many questions. Certainly one of the highlights of our trip to Siena!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A treat even in Tuscan winter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had the gratifying experience of finding the Tuscan Wine School with a couple of days of classes still going on in early January before the winter hibernation, and lined it up quickly by phoning Rebecca (no one is in the store at this time of year, but a poster advised how to get in touch). She was pleased to oblige us, even though we had trouble paying on line, saying: "if you promise to come, I will be there", we did and she was! She provided us, at the time nearly illiterate in the Tuscan DOCGs, vintages and tastes with a fanciful journey, starting with olive oil, passing through Vernaccia and onward into the more stately classic Chiantis, Nobile de Montepulciano and even a Brunello, with crackers and cheese to keep our taste buds straight. It was enough to whet our appetite, and we have followed through during the last couple of weeks tooling around the Tuscan hills looking for more of the same. Now back to Rio to show off our new found knowledge and toting a bunch of bottles to prove it. Ciao!

Visited January 2013