“Not only pizza!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Caracas, Venezuela
“Not only pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ate there twice. The first time we had pizzas, which were delicious, specially the bufalina.

But the second time we ordered antipasti and pasta, and wow! The pici were spectacular, and the mixed antipasto was the best I had in the whole 3 weeks of this trip to Italy. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

La Spezia, Italy
“Locals are favored again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A restaurant which appears to have delicious crispy pizzas however if you are not a local, no welcoming smile for you. Also you are offered an inside table where there is no air conditioning. Locals walking in are offered a table outside.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Siena, Italy
“Good food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

In principal i have to say the quality of food is not bad at all. Pizza one of the best in town indeed, pasta decent and lovely outside sitting.
If i have to find something to say not really positive is that service is not top and friendly. Clients are important and often dont forget the service even and when the food is good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bartow, Florida
“Had to wait, but definitely worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Delicious. I had the pizza with buffalo mozzarella, and it was delicious. We ended up here, because it was so busy. Wherever has a wait, that means it is good, right? :)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Geneva, Switzerland
“Better than average pizza, good selection, service, and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Out of the five pizzas I've had in Tuscany this week, and the hundreds, if not thousands over the years, the pizza at Gabellieri is good but not great. Probably the only better pizza my wife and I found in our limited sampling in Siena was at il Pomodorino.

The thing about Gabellieri that helped even it out with Pomodorino for me was the service (even though others mentioned lack of quality service, our service was spot on) and the prices. The selection of Pizzas comprises more than half of the total menu (that also includes lots of pastas and other standard regional items) and runs the full spectrum of topping combinations.

On the drink end of things, it's not really a wine oriented place, really more of a place you're gonna probably opt for a beer with your food instead. I noticed housewine on the menu, but it wasn't clear to me that they had much else in the way of wine. So beer it was.

I would eat there again.

• Visited October 2012