“Love this restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 413 Restaurants in Siena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was recommended to dine here by my hotel, Palazzo di Valli in Siena. We followed the map given from the hotel and found this restaurant. We had pici, pork dish, wine and the food were great! We also found the waiters very friendly and helpful when asked for recommendations. Ambience is nice and I would recommend it to the couples, who'd like to have a nice romantic meal in Siena!

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“Is a true "religious" experience !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Believe il Padrino , after been here you will thank God who created Siena , this restaurant and their good food . Is a religious experience because this spot is inside a ex-church which is from the 9th century , well , so far the oldest restaurant I 've ever tried !
The food was really good , my Asian GF was really happy and also my Italian friends . I just remember my wonderful "Pici e cacio" and one tier is dropping under my eyes . The service was perfect , the wine list not too big but very accurate and this is the place I love to recommend to all the foreigners who will love to see my country at its best .Personally I will come back to visit them , you can be sure !

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire, Connecticut
“A wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband found this restaurant by chance our last night in Siena. He made dinner reservations to surprise our two daughters and myself. Not only were we surprised, but we LOVED the restaurant on sight! It was warm and inviting and the staff was superb! My youngest daughter has celiac disease and the waiter helped her choose items from the menu. My favorite was the Tuscan soup - definitely a winner! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in Siena. If I ever get back, I will be visiting Ristorante San Desiderio again!

• Visited November 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We ate here twice during our recent stay in Siena. The food is delicious and the service very attentive. There's a good sense of energy without the restaurant being noisy. The design is very comfortable and the wine list well selected. Very good value.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reno, Nevada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

By far my favorite restaurant in Italy! Really good food and nice staff! Wonderful experience and true italian food!

• Visited November 2012