Il Casato has a very nice advantage: the location. Is superb, located only 150 meters from a very large parking area and 100 meters from Piazza Il Campo, the main one in Siena. The rooms are large and due to the location, our room had very a nice view of Siena (see pictures taken from the room).
But Il Casato has several other disadvantages which made our staying there, so frustrating.
1st) Endless stairs. Our room was assigned in the 3rd floor. They have an entrance in the 3rd floor, but as we arrived late, so we only could enter by the door in the ground floor. You cannot imagine how horrendous was to climb 3 levels of stairs carrying up heavy luggages to get to our room. Bear in your mind you will need to do it every time to leave and go back to your room.
2nd) The decoration of the rooms is poor and nasty in a clear contrast to some shared areas. Furniture is blotched, the ceiling is plenty of points of humidity, footer and decoration pieces broken.
3rd) The bathroom was ridiculously small and the bath facilities badly distributed. The bath area was not enough to hunker down. No place to put soap, shampoo or hooks for the towels. Terrible.
4th) Hot water was not enough for 3 showers, and in the last one, the water was cold.
5th) I asked to install a baby cot in the room, but was simply ignored. They gave us a quadruple room, but was not the same thing as a baby, due to security reasons, cannot sleep in a bed. We need to improvise a bed in the floor using blankets of the other beds, but was frustrating.
6th) The heater was not in charge, or wasn’t working well to warm the whole room (which was big), so we didn’t have a good night sleep because it was really cold.
7th) Terrible mattress. The mattress of our bed had a hump in the middle like a soft camel-back. So I was projected to out of the bed.
8th) Towells, sheets and blankets of low quality.
9th) The breakfast is served in a tray in the room. But it also didn’t reach our expectations. They said the breakfast would be served at 10am, and left for a while. They served the breakfast a little bit sooner, and when I returned the coffee was cold, the breads and juice were not properly tasting… I asked to serve another breakfast but was not possible.
So summarizing my experience in this place in a few words: if I could, go back in time, I would never stay here again. I would look for some better hotel, even out of the Siena walls, would drive to the parcheggio everytime to visit the city, paying less for park (because this is charged per hour and Il Casato does not have garage) and I would walk the same distance to go up and down as I did have, staying in Il Casato. The view and the atmosphere do not value the low quality of the staying.
- Also Known As:
- Il Casato Residenza d` Epoca Hotel Siena
- Il Casato Residenza d` Epoca Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- il casato b & b is in the heart of siena close to the famous piazza del campo and the magnificent gothic cathedral which dominates the most' old city. all rooms are furnished with care and private bathroom, mini bar, safe casset, telephone ,cable tv, wifi.into the palace there is a romantic garden overlooked by almost all rooms, some with private terrace.is a great place to spend your free time in siena, to studies, to job, to discover the history or just go for walks through the narrow streets of the city. you can forget the car because we are two steps from aroundchildren are welcome.and if travel with dogs or cats you will find always. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Il Casato Residenza d' Epoca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.