“Incredible food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Having visited Enoteca i Terzi twice during a trip to Siena last year, and really enjoyed it, we returned this year hoping to enjoy the wonderful food again. And we did, it was just as good as we remembered and we savoured every morsel! The quality is high and the portions generous. The wine list is spectacular and they also do some decent wines by the glass. Whilst it could perhaps do with a touch more warmth at times, the service here is very professional but not as over-the-top as in some Italian restaurants (particularly in the big cities) so I expect some tourists aren't happy with simply being served their food rather than entertained alongside it. If you aren't bothered about a performance with your meal and would rather come for the great food and wine then you've found the right place!

• Visited May 2013

84% Recommend
New York, NY
“So sad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Who died? That is all I could think as I watched the very sullen staff at this restaurant. They were like zombies. I was barely acknowledged when I came in for lunch today. They did reluctantly take my order. Brought me my food. Then the check when I requested it. Then I left. So sad.
As for the food, it was fine. But not worth 37 euros for a glass of wine, ravioli and beef and potatoes.
I hope the staff cheers up and regains their will to serve. Or live.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“A superb meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate here on a rainy night in April, having found it on our gps. The food was fabulous from the antipasto to the ravioli , main courses and deserts. The helpful waitress matched wonderful wines to each course. We sat next to a retired American couple who had lived in Sienna for years, and told us that we had found the best restaurant in the whole of Sienna!
We certainly rate this as one of the top three meals we enjoyed on this recent Italian journey

• Visited April 2013
Scottsdale Arizona
“After 12 years of Italian travel I send a dish back to the kitchen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am in the midst of a Tuscany, Florence, Rome, Barcelona vacation. I have been to Italy several times before and love every part of it. I especially love the food. Unfortunately I had to send my lunch back to the kitchen at this restaurant today because it was inedible.
Now the restaurant itself is very pretty. It has an attractive atmosphere, including a nice stone feature (which curiously has a niche built into it...filed with trash/junk (e.g. a broken chair).
Anyway, my companions food was good and my first course of soup was quite good. But, this place only has about 5 main courses and mine was...yuck. It was a beef dish that tasted like a salt lick. To his credit the manager tasted the dish and agreed. My point is there are many fine restaurants to choose from and I would not return to this one. Also, let me mention the wine was about 25% more expensive than any other place I have eaten in Tuscany.
Happy dining.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“M&D, Ottawa, Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We knew we were in the right place when we saw that the restaurant was filling up with mid- to upper-end local professionals. As an enoteca, they have an extensive wine cellar and extremely knowledgeable and helpful staff. The food was also magnificent – overall a perfect dinner. This restaurant is absolutely wonderful and is highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013