“Wonderful location, fine food and great service” 5 of 5 stars

0577.44350
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 440 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Danville, Ca
“Wonderful location, fine food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is just off the Campo, the main square of Siena. The owners/hosts were just delightful and helpful. The food was fresh, very attractively presented and delicious. I had a pasta with fresh porcini mushrooms. My wife had a fish dish that she loved. The "split" bottle of a San Gimignano wine that was suggested was tasty and very reasonably priced. Whenever we are fortunate enough to again visit this lovely city, we will definitely return to Ristorante Guidoriccio.

• Visited October 2012

• Greek first
Covington, Georgia
“Wonderful food, atmosphere, and people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

One of my favorite experiences on my recent trip to Italy. The food was delish. Ercole (owner) was so warm and friendly that we ate there twice during our stay in Siena. When I daydream about my trip to Tuscany during the coming winter months, I will just picture myself eating in this fabulous place and be once again "living the sweet life."

• Visited September 2012
Milwaukee
“Comfortable place, delicious food, friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We decided to go here based on a recommendation from Anna of Tours by Roberto. The location was a bit hard to find, but only because we turned one street too soon. We had a large lunch during our tour, so we wanted to have something light for dinner. We started with a Tuscan cheese plate, then I had beef carpaccio and my wife had pasta, and we shared a plate of grilled vegetables. We had some local wine in pitchers, which went down perfectly. The food was delicious and served promptly. We skipped dessert and coffee to allow room for some gelato at a nearby stand.

This is a nice place, casual and not expensive, and we'd go back on our next visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Des Moines
“Thoroughly enjoyed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

When in Siena you should make this a stop for dinner. It is easy to find, just off Il Campo. The interior is delightful and the host, Ercole, made this a fun and enjoyable evening. He suggested a local wine that was both reasonable and yet complemented the meal very well. The bruschetta was very good for an appetizer. I had the beef carpaccio for my main dish and it was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
Stromboli, Italy
“Restaurants without people like Ercole would be like gardens without flowers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Guidoriccio restaurant is named for the 14thC knight whose portrait famously hangs next door in the pallazo publico (well worth a look.)

It's a modest place. The room upstairs to the right is plain and to left, downstairs a larger room, like a cellar, is modest too. A very comforting modesty too.

Everybody is friendly but the star of the show is Ercole, the owner. He has a gift for hospitality. He is a pure gentleman. This guy would be successful at any job that required projecting humility and integrity. The fact that his personality is matched by the decor is great, that the food is just as authentic is fantastic.

He's greek. I'm reminded of a quote "europe without Greece is like a child without a birth certificate." In that vein... "restaurants without people like Ercole would be like gardens without flowers."

And so to the food. We had shard a plate of mixed crostini to start. They were gorgeous. Then a fresh, light, aromatic and wonderful ravioli each. Pasta this light is a treasure when found. I had a bistecca di vitello that was quite simply devine. We were convinced to have a cheese board with some chestnut honey which was amazing. My almost mandatory fruit salad with vanilla ice cream was delicious. Espresso was perfect then came vin santo and cantucci. Then more coffee. We went back and we will again. Wonderful.

• Visited July 2012