Although the facade of this Castello wasn't the most beautiful, that's where the shortcomings stopped. The rooms were big and beautiful, the rolling hills around the hotel were such a stunning view and very quintessential Tuscany - and to top it all off the view of San Gimi on top of the hill. We woke up every morning and went for walks around the hills, through olive trees and orchards. The pool was stunning during the day but even more beautiful as the sun was setting with a few wines. It was also the perfect base - very close to San Gimi where we often went to shop, grab some gelato or dine, but also close enough to do a day trip in Chianti and visit some wineries. The restaurant on the property was also great for dinner! I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ancient castle, now a true Tuscan country mansion, perched on a hilltop overlooking the Tuscan hills and the famous towers of San Gimignano.Its 360° panoramic view offers the guests a vision of rare beauty. Enjoy history and nature in one of the most gorgeous place of Tuscany. Rooms and pool with a view. Breakfast included in rent price. Free arrival and departure days. Riding stable and bikes for rent in the nearby. Hiking paths. Wi-fi connection in common rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Castello di Fulignano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Fulignano Hotel San Gimignano
- Castello Di Fulignano San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany