We are currently staying here at Fulignano. It is a stunning setting, on top of one of the highest hills outside of San Gigmignano. 270 degree views of hills, wineries, farms, and villas. With only the songs of birds singing, it is very quiet, relaxing, and the fragrance of lavender from the gardens fills the air (I am writing this on a Sunday morning and the church bells are chiming all across the valley!) It is just far enough away from SG to be be isolated, but a quick 10 minute drive gets you to the main gates for excellent culinary experiences. We are a family of 4 so the pool is a twice a day ritual. Sylvia is the hostesses and she does a wonderful job making sure that are needs are met. We highly recommend thin villa. And we would come back again.
Note: Castello diFulignano are apartments, and as such this isn't a full service hotel experience. We weren't aware of that (our fault) but very quickly adjusted, stocking our kitchen with local produce, wine and beer. That made it even more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ancient castle, now a true Tuscan country mansion, perched on a hilltop overlooking the Tuscan hills and the famous towers of San Gimignano.Its 360° panoramic view offers the guests a vision of rare beauty. Enjoy history and nature in one of the most gorgeous place of Tuscany. Rooms and pool with a view. Breakfast included in rent price. Free arrival and departure days. Riding stable and bikes for rent in the nearby. Hiking paths. Wi-fi connection in common rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Castello di Fulignano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Fulignano Hotel San Gimignano
- Castello Di Fulignano San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany