“Cooking Class was the highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Vicario

You added Il Vicario to your Saves list
Il Vicario
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Localita Sant'Andrea 1, 53037, San Gimignano, Italy   |
Ranked #8 of 66 San Gimignano B&B and Inns
Austin, TX
“Cooking Class was the highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Did a cooking class with Katia and not only had an awesome time but also had one of the best meals of our trip. The b & b is beautiful and the area is just gorgeous. I would definitely recommend the cooking class to anyone that wants to do something different on their Tuscan vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aimster77

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at Il Vicario in June, 2014 for two nights with my brother and sister. We had an amazing time at this b&b. I have had a b&b in Asheville, NC in the US for the past ten years, so I know how important it is to offer top notch service and hospitality. Fulvio and Katia are great examples of this kind of service. Our triple room was comfortable (except for the noisy bathroom fan), the food was delicious, the service was great and we loved it! We also took Katia's cooking class which was great fun and delicious. I highly recommend this b&b and the cooking class. In fact, my husband & I are going to Italy with friends in September, 2015 and we will be returning to Il Vicario!

Room Tip: Take the cooking class! Dinner is also offered at an additional cost.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PattiStrelec
Laguna Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week trip to Tuscany. We took a cooking class with Katia at Il Vicario. We had a little trouble finding the place, but I think that was more driver error than anything else. The location is perfect for anyone staying near San Gimignano or Volterra. Katia is a great teacher, making everything so simple to understand and complete. The food we made was delicious. Recipes easy enough to make by myself when we left. We spent a few minutes at the end with Fulvio who runs the B&B and he was wonderful. They were both kind enough to offer some suggestions for other local things to see. Definitely recommend this class to anyone looking for a Tuscan experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Italy for our 30th anniversary. This class with Katia was the highlight of our trip. We spent the afternoon cooking (and eating) with Katia and her uncle Fulvio. She was an excellent teacher, giving us a lot of hands time so we knew we could make these dishes for our family when got home. The food was excellent. We have made many of the dishes since our return and talk often of the fun time we had in her kitchen.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had a lovely day at the Ill Vicario cooking school. Katia and Fulvio are very welcoming. Katia is extremely knowledgable about Tuscan food. We made many things which were simple and delicious. Our lunchtime feast was accompanied with tasty local wines. I also appreciated the recipe book to take away too. This is great value and you are sure you have a wonderful day out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was surprised with a trip to Il Vicario with (3 levels of cooking lessons) for our wedding anniversary.
We had the best time ever...Fulvio is welcoming, Fab tour guide and a lot of fun. Katia was my expert cooking teacher and friend. For 3 days we cooked together preparing over 15 menu items. She was amazing as a teacher and a totally sweet person! She has answered questions in my emails after about recipes and more. Il Vicario is such a lovely place to stay as a hub and relaxing refuge from everything rushed. Clean, confortable and friendly. Did I say how fantastic their hospitality is? Great Friends and Great food and drink! So much to do close by. We were there 4 nights with day trips daily and of course my cooking lessons every evening. The memories continue....

Room Tip: We opted for the apartment...lots of room and privacy! And a wonderful view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashland Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I loved all of Italy but this was our absolute favorite part of the trip! Other guests we met at the B&B extended their stay at Il Vicario just like us because you can truly feel the essence of Tuscany. From this little gem you can branch out and go on day trips to San Gimignano or three other walled cities within an hour or so. Fulvio and Katia have fantastic recommendations and will help you firm up a loose itinerary with wineries, views, scenic drives, etc... but here's the clencher. Each evening as you retire from all the walking feeling overloaded with culture, museum fatigue, driving around, wine, etc... you get to retreat to the B&B where they cook you a fantastic dinner which is filled with great conversation from both other guests and the host! The price is very reasonable and the home cooked food comes out slow which in any other circumstance would be a bad thing. But here it is paired with wine, apps, conversation and a few additional courses plus dessert! At the end of this couple hour experience we felt like we were in complete zen! We repeated it three times and would have kept going if we could. We can't wait for our next visit! It is obvious that Fulvio found his dream job! His warmhearted nature and genuine positive attitude lift the room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic but ask for the rooms over looking the patio.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple