We looked at a few hotels on line before driving to San Gimignano where we thought we would book a hotel on our own.
We drove by the Belvedere which I remembered from searching on line.
The location is great. You can park your car in their lot and with a 10 minute walk be in the heart of the old city. The rooms were quiet, clean and the wifi connection (free) worked great.
The staff was friendly, the breakfast good and we could not have been more pleased with our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Via Francigena just 500 meters from the historic center of San Gimignano, Villa Belvedere blends a modern, completely-refurbished interior with the unaltered charm of a 19th century villa surrounded by picturesque gardens. The family-run hotel, which boasts a swimming pool and private car park, is just 10 minutes walk from the town centre and Important areas of historical and cultural interest, including Florence, Siena and Volterra, are a 40-minute drive away. Guests can exchange the noise and chaos of the city for a holiday destination characterized by culture and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Villa Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Villa Belvedere San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany