A very nice place to stay. On a ridge overlooking San G. Huge family style dinners, lots of conversations with other nationalities. A pool, horseback riding, cooking classes and suggestions for places to visit. Tiziana and Alice did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. They raise bees for honey (500 hives), grapes, olives and saffron. A nice pool with beautiful views. Rooms are nice. Price of e160 includes breakfast and dinner. Dinner starts at 8pm and ends around 10:30. We learned not to eat lunch.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel San Gimignano
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming typical farmhouse, whose name could not be different from "Il Vecchio Maneggio" (the old Horseback Riding Centre), set on top of a hill, enjoys lovely views over the Tuscan countryside. The Pieraccini family, the owners of this organic farm, have always lived here, working the land, rearing horses and keeping bees. The old farmhouse, which has been recently restored retaining the original features of this typical Tuscan country house, today can accommodate guests in the family-run agriturismo "Il Vecchio maneggio," which offers 5 comfortable rooms; the fully equipped kitchen where Tiziana, an experienced and excellent cook, transforms the farm products and other local specialties into delicious meals, served in the large dining room whose patio doors enjoys lovely views of the medieval town of San Gimignano and of the surrounding countryside. Guests are free to discover the activities and the daily life at the farm such as harvesting, picking the olives, extracting honey, feeding horses and other animals of the farm. ... more less