My recent visit to Il Vecchio Maneggio proved to be all that I had remembered it to be from my first visit some years ago. The accomodations are not luxurious, but practical and comfortable. The scenery around the property is breathtaking, with clear views of the city of San Gimignano in the distance, surrounded by all the beauty of the hills of Tuscany. The most incredible aspect of this location however, is the warm, generous hospitality of the the proprietors, Tiziana and Mauro. Tiziana opens her arms and her home to visitors and LOVES to feed her guests from their ORGANIC farm and gardens. Tiziana speaks some english, but even without words, a visitor can feel the warmth, pride and passion that this family has for their working farm and B&B.
So...highlights would be: Their amazing honey (yes, they keep bees), organic wine, family-style dinners, low-key relaxed atmosphere, and of course, the matriarch Tiziana! I can't wait to return!!
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel San Gimignano
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming typical farmhouse, whose name could not be different from "Il Vecchio Maneggio" (the old Horseback Riding Centre), set on top of a hill, enjoys lovely views over the Tuscan countryside. The Pieraccini family, the owners of this organic farm, have always lived here, working the land, rearing horses and keeping bees. The old farmhouse, which has been recently restored retaining the original features of this typical Tuscan country house, today can accommodate guests in the family-run agriturismo "Il Vecchio maneggio," which offers 5 comfortable rooms; the fully equipped kitchen where Tiziana, an experienced and excellent cook, transforms the farm products and other local specialties into delicious meals, served in the large dining room whose patio doors enjoys lovely views of the medieval town of San Gimignano and of the surrounding countryside. Guests are free to discover the activities and the daily life at the farm such as harvesting, picking the olives, extracting honey, feeding horses and other animals of the farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.