“Breath taking view” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leuven, Belgium
“Breath taking view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed only a night in this B&B.
The hosts are nice and welcoming. The breakfast was very nice and the food plentiful.
The view over the vineyard is absolutely gorgeous.
Only minus point, there is no A/C and it was very warm that night (I was also pregnant, so it might not have helped me).
We dined at the restaurant Peruca and the food was delicious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I Coppi has everything you could desire from a B&B. Four adults (plus a 5month old baby) stayed in the apartment - 2 double bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen/diner. It was ideal with a view on the terrace to die for. Anna is a superb host and has her own wine and olive oil, grown in her gardens. San G is 5mins walk away and hence this is an ideal base. A car is useful and will allow Anna to help plan your day trips. Day trips include: Volterra; Chianti countryside; Monterigioni; Siena; Florence. Pisa is only an hour and half away, with Lucca a little further. There is also a supermarket across the road from I Coppi for those with the kitchen. This B & B definitely deserves it high rating on trip advisor and hence my eagerness to add a review.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The only word to describe this B&B is perfect. Anna and her family provided us with a 2 bedroom apartment with the most amazing views ever. You will not be disappointed. Breakfast was delicious. Only a few minutes walk to one of the most wonderful cities, San Gimignano. A fantastic place to wander in and become part of the local community. Would highly recommend Anna's wines and olive oils. A truly magnificent part of the world.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartment was great with fantastic views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

There isn't a lot more to say that other reviewers haven't mentioned, but thought I would add a couple points that really stood out to me.
First of all, Anna put us in the "apartment" instead of the single room we booked, which was fantastic. There is only 3 rooms, so I guess it's a pretty decent chance you get this one, but we were so glad we did. Really makes it nice to have the kitchen and the bigger bathroom.

We traveled around Italy for a month, and this was the best breakfast that we had. It was a traditional Italian breakfast with eggs, lots of cakes, cheeses, bruschetta, some cereal, juices, etc. What made it special was how much selection there was, and how wiling they were to make you enjoy it. They made eggs each morning fresh for us, they made fresh cappucinos, espresso, you name it. Just a fun experience eating in an Italian families dining room with panoramic views of Tuscany.

Unfortunately my wife became ill or second day and I wasn't sure what to do. I asked Anna if there was an American hospital and she said no, but she would take care of it. I was prepared to spend a fortune trying to get my wife the treatment she needed. About an hour after breakfast, Anna came knocking at our door and said that a doctor would arrive in 5 minutes. I was shocked! I've never had a house call doctor, and especially not one so quickly in a Tuscan hill town. Anyways, the doctor came and checked her out, wrote a prescription for her, and charged me $20! I couldn't believe it. I took the 2 prescriptions to town and it was $12. Gotta love Italian healthcare.

Overall it was a great experience and I recommend I Coppi to anyone visiting SG.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Anna was an excellent host! When we arrived she gave us a bottle of wine, made from the grapes on her property. She also gave us a plate of salami and tomato with bread. The oil on the bread is made by Anna herself, which was excellent!! We were given recommendations on restaurants in San Gimignano. This was the ideal location to enjoy the beautiful countryside of Tuscany. We hope to return again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at I Coppi, San Gimignano for a week in May 2013, to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were taken back by the glorious scenery that surrounded where we were going to live for a week. Anna and Nicoletta are so lovely, kind, caring and attentive. Our accommodation was great, we stayed in the 'mini apartment' which had a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen area, with a little terraced area outside to enjoy the views. Car parking is free (when visiting Tuscany, the use of a car proved to be invaluable, we picked our car up at Pisa Airport; which was easy to do), which is an added bonus. Breakfast was delicious and fresh each day. Anna will suggest places to visit, whatever your interests, and will try her best to answer any questions you have. We had an amazing time, and would def return to I Coppi again. We miss Anna's friendly smile each morning, and felt so lucky to have found this little gem to stay.

Room Tip: Breakfast was included with the 'Mini Apartment'. Nice airy and individual space, felt like...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just spent a night at I Coppi and wished we could have stayed longer. Anna was a great host always with a big smile and being as helpful as possible. Forget about parking problems when visiting San Gimi and park for free with your hotel stay. The view can't be beat and the breakfast was nice too. Not as much selection as some regular hotels, but it had all that we wanted. We made 3 trips back in forth to town and the hotel one afternoon and evening. It is that close. San Gimi after 7:00 pm is a totally different place. Make more that a day trip to San Gimi and spend an evening at I Coppi. When and San Gimi get gelato at Donaldi's on the main square. It was really very special.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms face the same view so doesn't really matter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to I Coppi? Share your experiences!