Just spent a week at this this hotel which more than met our expectations for the price and number of stars. Staff all friendly and the room and public areas kept nice and clean, the main pool was superb but the mosquitos were a bit of a problem (buy a can of spray). Breakfast was OK with lots of choice but it was a pity there was only a canned fruit salad (We are in Italy) and the fruit juice left something to be desired. Pity no tea making facilities in the room. If you don't fancy walking all the way to SG just go along the track up the hill for the lovely view of the town. Restaurant was pretty good and we ate there 3 times. Nothing to do with the hotel but, the drivers are mad, the roads are very bumpy and our Fiat 500 struggled.!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sovestro has 40 rooms, 28 of which are situated on the ground floor with a small private garden and 12 rooms on the first floor with fitted Balcony .All the rooms have a wonderful view on the countryside of San Gimignano or a suggestive view of our swimming pools.All our rooms have private bathroom with shower, hair-drier, telephone, minibar, safe, TV LCD of 26’’, with Sky Silver programmes and air conditioning or heating. WI-FI free in all the rooms, in common area inside or open-air.We have a private free wide- parking, in the small pinewood, is available only for the hotel- guests.Two are the swimming pools, available for our clients, the bigger allows you to swim, have fun and take the sun, the other one, smaller, is in a very silent and discrete corner of the garden, has a small waterfall for massage and a waterline for a moment of relaxation and sun bathing. … Moreover … We inform you that, we realized a small fitness room available for our clients.The use of the gym is free.We wish you finally to give you a small suggestion to let you enjoy the beauty of our hearth, a beautiful walk, through a path deeped in the countryside, which from Hotel Sovestro leads to San Gimignano, with its towers, in only 20/30 minutes.Furtherore we suggest you to enjoy one of the best Tuscan cuisines in the restaurant “Da Pode”.Once it was a farmhouse and now managed directly from the Failli family, who will invite you to savour the Tuscan-dishes.Monday is the day of rest of the restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Sovestro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sovestro Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Sovestro San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany