We enjoyed six nights at the Hotel Sovestro. What a pleasant find. We cannot say enough about the staff. All were very attentive, extremely helpful and went out of their way to make your stay most enjoyable. A special thank you to Agnese, Laura and Sergio: "Thank you for "looking after the four us!"
The hotel and our room were very clean and proper. The rooms were fine. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was modern and large. All rooms had free WIFI and a room safe. There was a tv in the room but we never turned it on.
The grounds were well maintained as are the two pools.
Breakfast was complimentary and we were provided with a large selection of breakfast food. They even took requests for eggs which were prepared in the adjacent main restaurant. We ate two dinners in the main restaurant. We found the food there to be excellent as was the wine.
The hotel's location is great. It is less than a five minute drive to San Gimignano. There also is a pleasant 30 minute walk to San Gimignano via a dirt road that runs next to the hotel. Along the way you pass some B&Bs, grape vines and olive trees. A very nice way to get to the medieval walled city.
The hotel's location is wonderful. We used it every day for day trips to visit other parts of Tuscany, such as Siena, Volterre, Chinati, Montalcino and Montepulciano.
We were very happy with our stay at the Hotel Sovestro and are happy to recommend it.
LK from Ottawa, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sovestro has 40 rooms, 28 of which are situated on the ground floor with a small private garden and 12 rooms on the first floor with fitted Balcony .All the rooms have a wonderful view on the countryside of San Gimignano or a suggestive view of our swimming pools.All our rooms have private bathroom with shower, hair-drier, telephone, minibar, safe, TV LCD of 26’’, with Sky Silver programmes and air conditioning or heating. WI-FI free in all the rooms, in common area inside or open-air.We have a private free wide- parking, in the small pinewood, is available only for the hotel- guests.Two are the swimming pools, available for our clients, the bigger allows you to swim, have fun and take the sun, the other one, smaller, is in a very silent and discrete corner of the garden, has a small waterfall for massage and a waterline for a moment of relaxation and sun bathing. … Moreover … We inform you that, we realized a small fitness room available for our clients.The use of the gym is free.We wish you finally to give you a small suggestion to let you enjoy the beauty of our hearth, a beautiful walk, through a path deeped in the countryside, which from Hotel Sovestro leads to San Gimignano, with its towers, in only 20/30 minutes.Furtherore we suggest you to enjoy one of the best Tuscan cuisines in the restaurant “Da Pode”.Once it was a farmhouse and now managed directly from the Failli family, who will invite you to savour the Tuscan-dishes.Monday is the day of rest of the restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Sovestro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sovestro Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Sovestro San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany