“Comment for Improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marsascala, Malta
“Comment for Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have just came from a vacation with my wife and stayed at this Agritourism. I must say that the location is beautiful, staff are very welcoming and the restaurant offers delicious food at very good prices. On the other hand I was dissapponted with the following and would like to point them out as there is always room for improvement.

Towels are changed every three days and in my opinion this is non sense especially in summer when one uses the pool. The rooms have not television so one cannot stay relax in the room and watch some telly. There is no air-conditioning, I thank god that the weather was not so hot. Internet is very bad and I had to use my data roaming all the time to check my work emails. We are in 2013 guys!!

My biggest dissapointment was that I went there especailly for horse riding and there was no availibilty at the farmhouse and the staff was not able to find an alternative.

Room Tip: Do not accept the room I was given which is located over the reception and in the middle of the stai...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

FattoriaVoltrona, Proprietario at Fattoria Voltrona, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Kind Etienne V ,
thank you for the compliments about the friendliness of the staff , about the great location, about the quality of our food and about the rates we offer. Therefore I would like to integrate your observations with the information that you had received before booking and I want to make as much clear as I can to the entire Tripadvisor´s community and to those who wish to come and visit us.

1 . We do not have television, we have no phone in the room, we do not have towels for the pool and air conditioning in the rooms. However in all the rooms we have fans. The room´s cleaning is every three days but on request may be daily. The wi-fi is free but is only guaranteed at the reception. The digital-band that covers this rural area is not enough to ensure a good connection. All this information is regularly reported on our website, on each publication related with our farm on all comunications sent to the guest during the booking process and on the more general relational issues as well as on many reviews of this community. In any case, these services are not covered and people coming to visit us is more than reasonably informed. In your case, you can find every detail about it in the email that we have sent you prior to your booking.

2 . The availability of horse backriding is subject to requests. We have 12 horses suitable for walks with experienced riders and beginners who work 6 days out of 7 for a maximum of two excursions per day depending on the length, the outside temperature and the weight of the rider. Even the horses observe a day of rest per week and average we are able to offer approx. 85/100 chance to hike every week. I'm sorry you did not find an available hike compatible with your vacation´s plans . We always recommend, to book in advance and you did not do it. So the all week was fully booked from other riders. In the mentioned written confirmation that you received via email, you can easily find all the information and suggestions relating to horseback riding.
Regarding to the avaiablity by others riding centers, obviously we are not responsable.

My suggestion for improving your vacation´s satisfaction is:
- to read the information we or other operators send you;
- to evaluate the services before you book and decide if they are in line with your needs;
- to book in advance especially if you travel during the high season.

Sincerely
Malcolm Leanza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Haines City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My Fiancee and I can't say enough about our stay at Fattoria Voltrona. We live in Florida and had never visited Italy or Tuscany. We were pleasantly surprised and had a wonderful stay at Fattoria Voltrona. The room was exceptionally nice, very clean and very Tuscan. The grounds are beautiful with a lovely view overlooking the farm and grape vines. Breakfast on the Terrace was lovely. The staff were wonderful especially Marco. He spent time giving us information about the area and Italy. Fattoria is about 3 miles from San Gimignano which is a beautiful Tuscan town. I highly recommend staying at Fattoria Voltrona. We will definitely stay there again. Our stay there was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I visited this farm for 3 nights with my boyfriend. It was truly amazing.
We stayed in a room with a balcony, it was in a building far away from the reception, a small walk but it ensured that the nights were absolutely quiet. There was a nice pool, which is an incredible plus, I never been in any other Agriturismo that had a pool.
Our room was small and cute, very rustic. Nothing fancy but perfect for a farm experience.
Every night we ate at the farm restaurant. Their food is very good and cheap compared to the regular prices of the area. The staff was nice, accommodating and friendly. They hire some English speakers, which is wonderful since I am Italian but my boyfriend is not, so it's great to not always have to translate everything =)

The farm location is gorgeous, outside San Gimignano, perfect location for day-trips to San Gimignano, Volterra and Siena!
Sadly the horse rides were all booked out, so I could not try that :(
Oh well, the farm itself was already a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Get a balcony, it's worth it to eb able to sit outside and enjoy the evening's fresh air!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We recently travelled to Italy to visit my wife's family and took a mini holiday to Tuscany. We found this amazing B & B where every aspect of our stay was above expectations and standards. Clean rooms, breathtaking views, delicious food in the restaurant and exceptional customer service. I highly recommend this accommodation to every visitor who travels to San Gimignano or Volterra.

• Stayed May 2013
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location with beautiful views. Ideal location for visiting Tuscany - San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni, Sienna. A stunning location with plenty of places to just relax and enjoy the views, or walk and explore the countryside. Breakfasts on the terrace was lovely, if a little limited in range compared to other places we stayed. Dinners were delicious and fixed menu option fantastic value including their local wine. We went on a couple of 1hr horse rides through the Tuscan countryside, we're not experienced riders the Icelandic horses were great, the tolte was such a laugh - worth booking just to experience this smooth "5th gear" ride - would love to go again.

Room Tip: If a garden or balcony are important, book early so you get some choice - we only had a basic room w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here on a visit to Tuscany. The farm is lovely. Quaint, quiet and absolutely stunning views of the countryside. Just a 10 minute drive from the town of San Gimignano which makes for a nice day trip, although we preferred relaxing by the pool and taking in the amazing views. Our room was quite simple (one of the cheaper options available) but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included which was good, but dinner was a real treat. Four courses, great food, on a terrace overlooking the hills of vineyards and olive groves.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Cromwell, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Down a bumpy gravel Rd. We were made to feel that we should be grateful of such a place. We were not shown the room. Walked in and found a cockroach crawling on the floor. Killed it. Shower and toilet were in separate rooms and were no more than a cupboard size each. Had to sit sideways on the toilet. Water quality was shocking. Grey silt was sitting in basin and shower floor. It was mixed with the tap water. We were hot and tired and took it, but really it was totally over priced and inadequate. Found another roach the next day. Had to ask for poison and were told that we were on a farm. That's how it is.

• Stayed June 2013
FattoriaVoltrona, Proprietario at Fattoria Voltrona, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Kind Voodless ,

I am very sorry about your extremely negative experience and I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your one night stay at our farm
The water problem of the aqueduct was not due to our negligence; as you know we have done everything possible to warn guests of the problem that occurred in the municipal water supply . Thanks to our own emergency system the problem of the gray water was limited to less than one hour during one morning.

Regarding the other complainings, I invite you to read careffully the information you've received from us via email prior of your booking. If you contact me, I´ll be glad to resend a copy of our communications befor your arrival.
I´m afraid that by planning your one night stay, you have not given the proper attention to the essentially rural nature of our offer; by checking just the final price that also include the city tax and breakfast, could result an offer economically more competitive than an hotel…fact that we are not.
We are not an hotel, but a farm located in a rural area in the middle of the country at the end of a dirt road.
That's how it is. That's is how was very in detail described in our comunication before your confirmation .

Sincerely .

Malcolm Leanza

Been to Fattoria Voltrona? Share your experiences!