We stayed here for several nights while exploring Tuscany, and it was amazing! The rooms are simply furnished, but exceptionally clean. The grounds are situated on a lovely working farm, with a spectacular view of San Gimignano and surrounding hillsides. It was perfectly located for our day trips to Siena, Florence, Volterra, etc. The staff is just incredible! We ate at the attached restaurant nearly every night, both for convenience and because the food was truly incredible! It is also a great value, as your multi-course meal comes with local (delicious!) wine, and is prepared with fresh ingredients grown on the premises or locally. We also did the horseback riding tour, and enjoyed it immensely. Our children are experienced riders, so they were able to go on a private ride through the vineyards and hillsides with me, which was beautiful! Try the risotto (or just about anything)! Would love to return to this wonderful little place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by extensive gardens with fishing pond and outdoor pool, Fattoria Voltrona offers country-style rooms 6 km from San Gimignano centre. Vespa scooters and fishing equipment can be rented on site. The on-site restaurant serves authentic homemade Tuscan dishes. Dinner is served every evening in the barn, or under the stars on the terrace. Simply furnished rooms at the Voltrona have tiled floors and heating. The private bathroom comes with shower. Volterra is 23 km away, while Siena is reachable by car in 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Fattoria Voltrona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Voltrona Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattoria Voltrona San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany