“Our wonderful visit to Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 27 Activities in San Gimignano
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a tour operator based in San Gimignano, organizing special tours made by a group of passionate travel experts, local guides and people, aimed to make our visitors' experiences exclusive excursions in our so exciting Tuscany!!
Burnaby, Canada
“Our wonderful visit to Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Three friends and I stayed three nights in San Gimignano as part of a two week holiday in Italy. To maximize our time I contacted our hotel staff who recommended Tuscany Ex to arrange our tours. Our contact at Tuscany Ex, Claudia, not only arranged two wonderful days of activities but also transportation to and from our hotel and the train station. We had asked for a cooking class and a wine tour in addition to visits to hill towns and the countryside. Claudia arranged a private cooking class that was outstanding, world-class and fun. She expertly guided us to hill towns and the countryside. She arranged a Chianti wine tour with a knowledgeable colleague, which exceeded our expectations. We could not have had a better personal, local and rich introduction to Tuscany. Thanks to the competence of Tuscany Ex, Claudia and her colleagues we felt safe and well taken care of. An added bonus was having a local person who answered all our questions before and during our visit. We all felt our time in Tuscany was the highlight of our Italian experience!

Visited May 2012
Tour_Operator_sg, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Tuscany Ex Day Tours, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much Mrs. Betty-Lou,
I am so glad you keep such a good memory of your stay in Tuscany, your nice words for our work give us strength to go on this way to me and my collegues. It has been a pleasure for us to show you and your friends a bit of "our" Tuscany made of many passionate and talented people.
Thank you again, we hope to see you again here soon! Yours Claudia

Kansas City, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
“A wonderful way to see San Gimignano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I traveled to San Gimingano in early May and stayed at the Hotel L'Antico Pozzo. Prior to my arrival I emailed to hotel to ask about wine tours. Emanuele at the hotel connected me with Claudia at Tuscany Day Tours and we scheduled a walking tour to a farm with lunch and wine tasting. Claudia meet us at our hotel and we started the tour. We walked through the beautiful country side learning more about the history of San Gimignano, local foods and wine and she gave us an insight into life in San Gimingano as this is her home town. Claudia was able to answer all of our questions and she speaks very good English.

We arrived to the farm just outside the city and sat down to have an authenic Tuscan lunch which included the most delicious olives I've ever tasted, fresh cheese, meat, bread and penna pasta, We also tasted Vernaccia a local white wine along with a couple Chiantis.

We then toured the wine production at the farm. Very interesting. Then it started to rain so Claudia called to have a van pick us up and go back to town. By the time we got there is stopped raining so she showed us some amazing views of the Tuscan countryside and we ended at another wine bar in town.

I HIGHLY recommend a guided tour with Claudia. She is so nice and knows so much aobut of San Gimignano. She even looked up train schedule for us to get to Cinque Terra the next day.

Visited May 2012
Thank you Sarah ! We hope to se you back here soon!!