“Beautiful winery, beautiful people!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tenuta Torciano Tuscan Wine Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Tenuta Torciano Tuscan Wine Holidays
You added Tenuta Torciano Tuscan Wine Holidays to your Saves list
Via Crocetta 18 | Frazione Ulignano, 53030 San Gimignano, Italy   |
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beautiful winery, beautiful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not sure why I haven't reviewed the beautiful Tenuta Torciano before now. I visited there nearly four years ago and had an experience of a lifetime! We had a daylong visit through the Tuscany region visiting Pisa and many hilltop cities such as Siena and San Gimingnano. Upon our arrival we were greeted my the most picturesque landscape I've ever seen in my life! Pierluigi greeted us in the courtyard immediately welcoming us to his beautiful Tenuta Torciano! Everything I know about wine, Luigi taught me that day! From the different types of grapes, how they're grown, how the weather effects the grapes, to how the wine is made to the different flavors (cherry, chocolate, etc.) you smell in the wine. (Still always smelled like wine to me, LOL) There was a beautiful tasting spread including lasagna, proscuitto and cheeses to pair with our wines......delicioso!!! As most people who visit Italy I must say that part of it is now in my blood. Especially that particular area. That day in San Gimingnano I knew I'd made an instant friend in Luigi and I still communicate with him from time to time on Facebook. He's warm, inviting and just downright funny!! I've sent friends to Tenuta Torciano and all of them have had extraordinary experiences as well and thanked me for sending them in his direction! I cannot imagine that there is a more entertaining wine tasting experience in all of Tuscany. If you're with PierLuigi Giachi at Tenuta Torciano, you're in the right place!! Their Chianti is by far my favorite still and I still have one more bottle left for a very special occasion. Thank goodness I can order more!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Pierluigi G, Direttore at Tenuta Torciano Tuscan Wine Holidays, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Kim,
thank you very much for your review, I am very happy that you have learned many things about wine thanks to my wine tasting. Produce wine for me is a passion and I'm always happy when I can convey my passion to my friends. I am happy that we continue to hear about Facebook and I hope that after so many years, I will have the pleasure to have you back again in the Winery, to spend another great day together! Ciao

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I went in Torciano last Jen. with some friends and we had a great time having lunch and a spectacular wine tasting in a very familiar place with warm and nice people. I suggest this experience to everyone that like wine good food and want to see one of the most beautiful parts of the Chianti country side area.
The farm is located in Ulignano a little village four miles from the medieval town of San Gimignano, if you go there don't miss to visit this place

• Stayed January 2013
Pierluigi G, Proprietario at Tenuta Torciano Tuscan Wine Holidays, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks for all this beautiful words; I’m very glad that you and your friends enjoyed staying here and the wine tasting. I’m happy that you loved my Chianti and hope that you will return soon here in Tuscany and visit me again for a new wine tasting experience or a cooking class.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Bringing students and other travelers to Pier Luigi's vineyards is always a highlight! Lots of laughs, good food and great wine. This is my 7th visit to the vineyards and I'm always pleasantly surprised by how much our travelers love it and continue to talk about it as one of the trip's highlights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbara,
many thanks for your fantastic review and your kind works, I’m glad that every time that you come visit me you have fun! Hope to see you soon again, for another great time together.
Gonzales, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a blast at this vineyard! The wine and food were fantastic! Would definiltey reccomend this experience to everyone. Be sure to do the wine tasting and cooking class. The truffle oil and balsamic vinegar were fabulous as well! Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
My dear friend,
thank you so much for your kind words, I'm very happy that you enjoyed staying here in the Winery and had fun during the wine tasting and cooking class. I, my family and the staff hope to see you soon here in Tuscany, for a new fantastic experience I hope that you have the same beautiful memories ad I have, and I, my family and the staff will be awaiting you again here in Tuscany.
I'm glad that you loved my wine, truffle oil and balsamic vinegar. Ciao
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Despite what my "when did you travel" choice says (there is no option for last year) - This winery and wine tasting was SO good that I'm writing a review a year later!!!! We were on a cruise in Sept, 2011 and didn't want to do the standard Livorno/Florence stop - opted for the wine tasting trip and what a fabulous choice that as for us!!!!!

Tenuta Torciano is the prettiest winery and Pierluigi makes the tasting the most fun ever as well as the beauty and body of Tuscan wines and olive oils - amazing experience!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Elma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We came here for our 25th and LOVED every min. The food and wine were fabulous and had wine shipped home to Washington State with no problems plan to go back in 2 years and will come again. Thanks! We came for wine taxing with lunch , next time we are staying at this location and will use for day tripping around area. Thanks Again !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

October 15, 2012 myself and my family had my birthday supper at this winery. It was my second time being here in three years. I decided then and there in April 2009 that I would return for my birthday in Oct 2012.
We had a delicious four course meal accompanied by 13 delicious wines for only 40 euros!
Mamma's truffle oil and balsamic vinegar was "delizioso" with the lasgna and fresh garden salad.

My family and I really enjoyed the fact that the owner of the winery Pierluigi Giachi was the host of this evening. He is very funny and delightful to be around. His knowledge of wine is fantastic amd very educational.

We booked our dinner online with Pierluigi's wife Luciana before we left Canada for our trip. She was lovely and very prompt with her emails.

I hope someday to make a third trip to Tenuta Torciano. I hope you fall in love with it too!

One more thing: my wines and oils were shipped and received in less than four weeks from my ordering them.
Thank-you to the Giachi family for a wonderful memory!
Mary Duff

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tenuta Torciano Tuscan Wine Holidays? Share your experiences!