We stayed 7 nights at Il Casale del Cotone. The rooms are spacious and spotless. Our host, Alessandro, is always available to answer any questions and recommend places to visit in the area. We were fortunate enough to enjoy the seven course feast that Alessandro prepares a couple of times a week. This was the best and freshest food we had during our month in Italy. The villa is only a short drive from the village of San Gimignano. The surrounding hills covered by vineyards and olive groves are delightful to drive through and there are many villages to visit nearby. I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B. I hope we can return one day to experience it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The farmhouses are located no more than 2,5 km from the medieval town of San Gimignano in the district of Siena. The "Casale del Cotone" as well the "Rocca degli Olivi" are surrounded by 70 acres of vinyards and olive trees. They were erected in the 17th century at the bottom of the hill where is located the ancient Roman church "Pieve di Cellole" which inspired Giacomo Puccini to compose the opera "Suor Angelica". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Il Casale del Cotone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Casale Del Cotone Hotel San Gimignano
- Il Casale Del Cotone San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany