We choose this hotel in Tuscany because it was within walking distance to the term upside to know and do webpage views of the Violet are extraordinary. We were not disappointed. The accommodations were excellent and the personnel went out of their way to respond to our every need.
Compared to other hotels of this kind we were a little disappointed in the breakfast choices– especially the poor quality of the espresso.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Relais Santa Chiara is a charming and elegant hotel located in the heart of the rolling hills of Tuscany, between Florence and Sienna. The hotel looks over the splendid, peaceful countryside towards Volterra and is situated just 400 mt. below the city walls of San Gimignano, a town of fairy tales with its 14 medieval towers that testify to a fascinating past. In addition, the strategic location allows one to make day trips to all the major cultural and artistic sites of the surrounding area. The hotel offers 40 rooms, made up of 4 different room types either facing the rear garden or facing the splendid Tuscan countryside. Many rooms have beautiful balconies and our superior rooms have bath with hydromassage. All rooms have air-conditioning, digital TV with international channels, hair dryers and mini-bar. Other services include private parking, a meeting room with a capacity up to 60 persons, Mediterranean garden filled with olive and cypress trees that encompass the swimming pool, which includes a separate, heated mini pool with hydro massage and an inviting and well stocked bar serving an array of beverages and a variety of snacks and light meals. The breakfast is a complete buffet that will certainly satisfy the biggest morning appetite. In the summer breakfast and bar service are available outside on the terrace. Particular attention has been given to the hotel’s furnishings. Some of the most prestige materials make up the guest rooms, such as brier wood and national oak. The public areas breath an atmosphere that’s classic Tuscany. Florentine terracotta covers the lobby which is integrated with a colorful pastel marble mosaic. The famous Serena gray stone is another dominate element found throughout the hotel, like the reception desk and the grand fireplace. Activities available nearby are: walking itineraries departing from the hotel, guided tours of the historic centre, scooter rental, wine tasting (come with light lunch), cooking classes, tennis, horse riding and a 27 hole golf course 18 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Relais Santa Chiara Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Santa Chiara
- Relais Santa Chiara San Gimignano
- Relais Santa Chiara Hotel San Gimignano, Italy - Tuscany